PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Jen84
19-07-03, 12:34
Hey :)
My name is Jenny, this site is so helpful thanks. It nice to know that other people suffer from panic attacks not just me.
I start a new job next week and im pretty scared. I've suffered from PAs for 2 years and was given Seroxat-im happy to say that im no longer taking them![8D] My life is getting back to normal slowly but its still hard doing big things. Does anyone have any tips on getting through a 9 to 5??????Im really getting worried! I havnt worked for pay since xmas only been helping at the nursery school!
Jen x

Jo
21-07-03, 15:38
Hi Jenny - just wondered what type of job you will be doing?

Jo
x

Jen84
21-07-03, 16:00
im working for a kids camp i really dont know if i can do it!
Jen x

Jen84
21-07-03, 20:14
I just have had a massive crying fit about working. I have a training day on Wednesday. I just don't feel I can do it and i'm feel terrible and embarrassed about letting people down.
Jenny x

Meg
21-07-03, 22:18
Dear Jen,

This is probably all about anticipatory anxiety - the thinking about it is far worse than actually doing it. If you have felt well and srong enough to go for this job and get it - then you are strong enough to go to your training day.

Stop those negative - 'what if' thoughts and replace them with positive affirmations. I can, I will enjoy thoughts. Write them down -- it gves them more power.

It's still 2 days away so you will not be letting anybody down because you will be fine . Get some rescue remedy and take it regularly .

We will be thinking of you so know that on Wednesday you have support with you. :)

Joanne
22-07-03, 13:05
Jen,
*HUGS*
I can imagine how you might be feeling. Radar is right- anticipatory anxiety is terrible! It has stopped me from doing many things.
I think you've done so well getting this job- and because you have been helping in a nursery...you are familiar with the routine.
Just imagine it as another day' helping'.
Also- with kiddies you know you can keep busy the whole time.... before you know it, it will be 5.
Try taking the good old 'bottle of water' - to keep nearby.
all the best,
Joanne x

Shelley
22-07-03, 15:07
Jen,

Just think of the fun you're going to have...wish I could play out with a bunch of kids and not be in a stuffy old office with boffins!! - keep active, keep occupied and above all else keep positive - like radar said write the positives down it does work I do it all the time.

x Shell

Shell

Jo
22-07-03, 17:02
Don't get upset Jen! I think once you get the training day out of the way you may feel a little better! Remember to carry a bottle of water with you - it works wonders with me.

Keep us posted

Jo x

Jo
25-07-03, 12:35
Hi Jen - How did your training day go?

Jo x

Jen84
25-07-03, 13:45
hey
I feel really silly to say I didnt go, I just couldnt do it!I called them tuesday afternoon and said sorry and i think they were ok about it. I feel abit down but its done now. Im looking for a part time job now, as i feel i will cope better with less pressure. I wish i didnt have these PAs, they make life just that bit harder to enjoy.
Jen x

smudga
26-07-03, 02:47
DOn't get too down on yourself. Your time will come.

Jo
26-07-03, 15:24
That took a lot of courage Jen! As Smudga says, "your time will come" -at this time in your life you don't feel ready, but I can assure you, one day you will!

Chin up matey!

Jo xx

nomorepanic
26-07-03, 17:21
Keep trying Jen - you know you can do it but don't beat yourself up for not taking this job. Just remind yourself that you can get there and take each day as it comes. No-one can criticise you for not giving it a go!

Good luck with the next job.

Nicola

Jen84
26-07-03, 17:42
Thank you that makes me feel loads better!
Jen x:)

nomorepanic
26-07-03, 20:55
Jen - I am glad - just remember that we are all in the same boat here and no-one is going to knock you for not taking the job - we all want each other to succeed and we will all help each other along the way.

Good luck

Nic