PDA

View Full Version : New here and have a strange, problem x

sammie23
30-12-09, 20:54
Ellooo to everyone. Im Sammie. 23. From Manchester. Just hoping to get some advice from you guys.. I got diagnosed with severe health anxciety a coupleof years ago.. 6 months ago i was thinking positive and strong thoughts which led me to coming off my prozac.. Upto now i have been doing great apart from i have noticed something completley new. My eyes are burning alllllllllllll the time and i for some reason which i still dont no why have this horrible feeling everytime i close my eyes. Its like they are still open and just doesnt feel normal them being shut. Afew lights and spirals are there 2, and it just feels un natural to close them.. Has anybody ever experienced this before?? Someone help plsss this is awful. Fanks guys xxx

diane07
30-12-09, 20:56
Hi sammie23

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sparkie
30-12-09, 21:06
Hey Sammie welcome to NMP.

I don't know anything about you're eye problem other than I think you should see a professional you're eyes are something you don't want to mess around with.

If you are having a big problem with them then go get the checked asap!

Sorry I cannot be of much help.

All the best,

Sparks.

sammie23
30-12-09, 21:09
Hi Sparkie. Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah i went for my eyes tested and it turned out i just needed reading glasses. I mentioned about the lights infront of my eyes and he said " well dont look at bright lights"... Im thinking this may be a phobia im creating. I hope it isnt. Who knows.. Maybe it will go in afew days. Maybe if i dont think about when my eyes are closed it may go xx

Morley
31-12-09, 09:01
Hi I have burning eyes too, mine comes and goes and I have put this down to anxiety. My dad has Glucoma so your've guessed it, I thought I was getting this too! Because it comes and goes I'm just monitoring it at the moment, may see an optician if it continues! or the doc !!

hamish
31-12-09, 10:38
hi ive have it too was due to dry eyes

Southern_Belle
02-01-10, 15:59
Hi Sammie,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. it could be from all the heat that is being used for the winter. If it continues to bother you I would go see your eye doctor. Hope you feel better soon. So glad you found us.

Best wishes,

Laura