PDA

View Full Version : hello all

carli
30-12-09, 22:14
hello everybody. I am new to this forum and a bit unsure how it all works to be honest. I am 29yrs old and have suffered from anxiety from about the age of 15. I have coped with it for all these years and thought i knew everything there is to know about it! I have the occasional panic attack and am overly worried about dying and leaving my 8 yr old son. I have only really been getting really anxious about dying and leaving my young son the last 6 months! Anyway to but a long story short the last 2 weeks i have been suffering from the following...numbness sensation on the face arms and legs, a crawling sensation on my scalp and face, burning sensation on various parts of the skin and for the last few days i have had a numb sensation on the left side of my body although its not numb to touch? I also get a numb sensation around my eyes?? I went dr she did a basic nerve system test and said all seemed fine but she would refer me to a nerologist as she said it sounded neropathic? I came out of drs googled numbness and tingling and came up with ms and have been beside myself ever since. Everyone is telling me is anxiety but i cant see it. I have had a very stressful year but can this really be anxiety? Sorry to have gone on a bit but coz advice would be helpful? Thankyou

diane07
30-12-09, 22:15
Hi carli

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Veronica H
30-12-09, 22:27
:welcome:Carli. Many of us here would recognise these symptoms as anxiety related. No harm in having the tests to reassure you. Try not to consult Dr Google though. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

loli1982
30-12-09, 22:29
hi, welcome:),
yeah, could be anxiety, i had numbness all down the left side, especialy my face and neck, theres a brilliant article on the left (symptoms) that really helped me the first time i read it! it was a bit of a ahhaaa moment!

carli
30-12-09, 22:50
Hiya, thankyou all for replying, i do feel a bit better. Its so weird because just when u think you know all there is to know about anxiety it throws something else at u :( i will try not to use dr google,lol. Very hard though:wacko: im gonna have a look at the symptoms now loli1982. thanks xx

Southern_Belle
02-01-10, 16:07
Hi Carli,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. I know it is difficult but the number 1 rule of anxiety is Do Not Google, lol. I'm so glad you found us.

Best wishes,

Laura