PDA

View Full Version : Re: Cancer

milli
30-12-09, 23:28
I,m new to the forum so i didnt know where to post my story. I'm so glad i have found a site where there is people like myself who constantly worry about health problems. My main problem is a complete phobia about cancer! I am actually a fully qualified nurse( which makes it worse!) and has got progressivly worse since the births of my children. I wish somebody could help me! however most of the time i am totally convinced i have some sort of cancer!!!!! for the past 8 yrs i have been convinced i have had lip, mouth, throat, bone, breast, stomach,, bowel, lung, cervical, skin cancer- you name it! nobody can tell me any different. I see the Dr weekly, sometimes more- much to their disgust! i cant help it. I am on anti anxiety meds, tranquillizers most of the time. When i worry bout something i cant think of anything else. I'm so fed up !!!!! is anyone suffering from the same problem? funny thing is i dont think its in my head, i really believe that there is something wrong with me. wondered if somebody could reply! it might help. milli

carli
30-12-09, 23:58
Hello milli, i am pretty much the same to be honest. I think i have seen the dr more in the lst 6 months then i have my whole life, im up there every week and im sure they just humour me now. Its not nice when we convince ourselves that we are seriously ill and might die. I am always over reacting to almost every pain, rash, itch or what ever it might be at that time as im so scared i will die and my son will grow up without me as im all he has. Hopefully time will prove us wrong and we will be able to see things mow rationally. I am waiting to see a counciler at the moment. Have you thought about maybe seeing one? xx

Jenny-Lizzy
18-01-10, 19:23
Hi Milli I am exactly the same. At this moment in time I am going for an ultra scan as I am convinced I have either uterus or ovarian cancer. I have just received an all normal smear test so I know I am clear for the time being on that one. But I have been to the doctors in the past regarding moles, lumps under my arm etc etc the list goes on and on. I have even been regarding leukaemia. I convince myself that I have these cancers even when the dr. tells me that it is really unlikely - I think they can still make mistakes!!! I am totally fed up with it too and like you it has progressively got worse since I have had my son!! I feel for you it is an awful thing to go through!!!

jessieblue
19-01-10, 11:54
Hi Milli, me too. I am constantly convinced I have cancer, sometimes severel cancers at one time! Or I convince myself I have such advanced cancer it has spread all over my body causing my many symptoms. Today I am re\lly worried I have stomach or oesophageal cancer as I have a soreness in my upper sbdomen. I know exactly how you feel.

Balinese
19-01-10, 14:33
I'm just the same, and understand how awful it is to feel like that :(

I think its pretty common fear - I've spoken to lots of people that are terrified and then become obsessive over cancer worried.

Big hugs xxxxx

ga71
21-10-10, 06:31
i have the same problem for over ten years i can't enjoy my life like everyone else.

Carly Lou
21-10-10, 08:35
Hi Milli,
you arnt alone i promise... there are sooooo many of us on here who suffer from the same phobia... i have convinced myself i have had many cancers, ive done the usual
abdominal scan, smear test, private eye test, chest ray numerous blood tests... had the vaginal ultrasounds and scans when i was pregnant with my son who wil be 2 this year so theres those aswell. also ecg blood pressure checks... im 25!!
my health anxiety abt it got so bad i have been put on some meds for it.. sertraline... im only on day 4 and so far i havent been pondering and stressing abt every single ache or pain and twinge ive had that makes me think it is something cancerous... and yes your right i have been like it ever since i had my little boy.... its awful isnt it.... i wasnt enjoying my life either... was struggling to do things as i kept thinking something serious was happening.... horrid horrid.... we are all here if you need to talk xxxx hope this helps xxxx
Carls xxx