PDA

View Full Version : Question about treatments?

embrace
31-12-09, 14:32
Hi all :)
Just wondering, if I did decide to go to the doctors, what sort of things would they give me/tell me?

Thanks,
Embrace

For those who dont know about me:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66970

magic girl
31-12-09, 16:05
hi embrace most doctors ask you to describe the feelings and sensations you get,you might find it helps to make a list to take with you as you may forget something and he will decide if you need anti-depressants,dont be afraid of these as they really do help and he will start you on a lowish dose to start with and then increase them if you need and also most GOOD gps will offer you additional help such as cbt o(cognetive behavioral therapy)or anxiety managment or councelling so dont be afraid to get help,good luck and keep us posted:D:D

embrace
31-12-09, 20:27
Thanks for the reply magic :)

What are the chances that the medicines will work?
Also would I have to pay for any of the therapy or CBT?

Embrace
xx

magic girl
01-01-10, 11:40
the meds worked for me although they take a week or so to take affect but your g.p will advise you on that and cbt and any other help such as anxiety managment or councelling is available on the nhs so it wont cost you,hope that helps:):)

embrace
01-01-10, 11:55
Thanks it has helped so much :D
Happy new year :)

PoppyC
01-01-10, 12:23
Hi
For me meds plus therapy help so much, although it did take a 6 weeks plus to feel any real positive effects with the meds, but then everyone is different with how they respond. Combined the meds and therapy have been a life saver for me and have helped with me now being able to get out of the house on my own, and in finally getting back to work again.
Your gp will probably put you forward for CBT through the NHS if he feels you need it.
I hope it all goes well with your gp. Let us know how you get on.
Good luck.
Happy New Year!