PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks, depression, symptoms

n.irishguy
31-12-09, 18:27
hi guys,

just joined this website as symptoms are getting a little to crazy!

this all started about 3 months ago, will tell you things that have happened and symtoms aswell maybe you can disect from there and help me on the road to recovery......

3 months agoe.......

found a lump at bottom of chest (sternum )

week after bought a car...........

week later - constipation for 3 days
Next day - cold flushes down my legs, frezzing cold hands and legs ( thighs) dizzyness feeling like passing out. i actually left work early

over the next 7 days - constipation - pins and needle lower part of legs and feet. - then next week i got tingling in my head one day then back to cold thighs the next and it would alternate like that while also having constipation.

Now i found out the lump under my chest was normal part of sterum, had lots of blood tests and everything came back normal.

now a month or so into this i started to get woken with my heart pounding, this had happened a couple of times...........but these past few weeks my hearts been going fast slow all over the place..........yesturday my heart kicked of in the shower and was over 120bpm for at least 45 mins i just put loud music on and tryed to sleep through it! my thoughts are horrible, i keep feeling like im on deaths door.

im still constpated, feels like a tight band around top of stomach, i get days my head does not feel clear, little confused, hate being around people.

constant doom thoughts ..............i mean my heart has really scared the bejesus out of me! last week i had a tight chest, it got really intense one day so i went to emergency and they said i was fine.

ive had an ultra sound still waiting on results.............i also get warm sensations particular on left rist just feel it heating up randomly........is this crazy panic attacks??? i mean i went through them about five years ago and my heart might of pounded but was no where near the speed its doing now.

very scared, sorry for writing so much i just hope someone out there knows what i'm going through? thanks for reading

eva82
31-12-09, 23:07
I've had many of the same symptoms that you just described. Especially the feelings of coldness, numbness, and constipation. When my HA is really strong, I also get many weird symptoms together and it just makes my anxiety worse. It is a horrible cycle that we go through, but once we learn to relax and actually believe that there isn't anything seriously wrong with us, then it is possible to begin feeling normal again.:)

alicat88
31-12-09, 23:54
Hi there, I have the random heating up then sudden chills and tingling (like my skin feels like it has an electric current, or had some thing under it) It used to frighten the life out of me too, but I've become a lot more used to it, like I'm still aware of it but I've realised its normal so I don't freak out like before. It's the same with my heartbeat, the more I concentrate on every blip or when it speeds up, the faster it gets as I get more stressed about it!

I think most people tend to be too "aware" of their body if you know what I mean, so that even normal day to day stuff like a sore tummy makes you think you have some awful condition. I know that's what I was like anyway, I could give you a list the length of me of illnesses I was convinced I had!

Anyway sorry for rambling on, hope this helps!

n.irishguy
01-01-10, 13:55
thanks guys for your replys............

i think im still at the stage were i want ct scans.........im having one of them camera down throats things in a couple of weeks, hopefully that should settle my mind about my stomach.

as for my heart it still scares me, although i do think to myself " theres no way there could be something wrong with my stomach, heart and brain all at the same time" lol

i think im gonna ask the doctor for some tablets to chill me out or something.

plus ive noticed that my eyes have sunkn over this period aswell.......wahoo