PDA

View Full Version : OCD continues to taunt me

phil06
31-12-09, 21:35
I keep getting recurring negative thoughts ones that Begin with an OCD topic and spike on to specific stuff. It's really creeping me out it's like a second person on me. The doubts keep pending over me and I just don't want it continuing to the new year.

I can't ignore the thoughts because when they are here I'm so uncomfortable and I hate them and I'm disturbed, disgusted by it all. It's like a bully inside me.

If it's not taunting me mentally it makes me wash my hands, fear contamination. I don't feel learning the facts of OCD is helping so not sure where to go. I don't want doped up with tablets from the doctor either.

The last few months it's been so overwhelming I can't cope. OCD like hand washing is one thing but when it becomes more frequent and the thoughts trouble me more I duno? I get paranoid at times everybody sees my OCD and I just feel so uneasy in my own skin. How bad can OCD get? I guess the mind says when OCD makes you the OCD but that won't happen as it's not me.

Bottom line when these thoughts come I can't ignore them. They worry me, I can't sit all happy jolly when they doubt the very person I am?? :lac::weep: At times I feel I'm living in hell with anxiety...every decision is made harder by anxiety. I have little I can do to take my mind off it the now... watched a film there guess what I was being taunted during that.. :wacko:

Maj
31-12-09, 21:42
Hi Phil, have you read Claire Weekes' advice about intrusive thoughts?

phil06
31-12-09, 22:15
Hi Phil, have you read Claire Weekes' advice about intrusive thoughts?

No but anything that will help would be good. :blush:

Maj
31-12-09, 23:29
This is an extract from Claire's book:

THOUGHTS CAN BE GROTESQUE:

Thoughts can be grotesque when one is anxious. And the stranger, the more unreal and more frightening they seem the more one may feel compelled to follow them through, almost as if mesmermized, determined to find out the worst.

Whatever your thoughts, however strange, try not to be upset by them. Accept them as normal in your present state, not as something to be dreaded, avoided. Do not make the mistake of supposing there are certain thoughts you must not think, as if there is part of your brain you must not use. Use it all, even the part holding an obsession, and shrink from none of it.

Do not be frightened by your thoughts, however severe the compulsion that may accompany them. Severe tension can give such force to some thoughts that they seem to lock their victim in submission. Even here, NEVER FORGET, THEY ARE ONLY THOUGHTS, however real and compelling they seem at the moment. It is the fear, not the thoughts that tenses, sensitizes, tires. It does not matter how much you dwell on yourself or what you think, if you do not do it fearfully.

---
This really helped me. I copied it and read it over and over again until finally it really helped me.