PDA

View Full Version : Its been very hard lately!

Dazo
01-01-10, 09:57
For the last 4-5 weeks i have had it really hard, before that the anxiety was around but not EVERY day and not this severe.
It also includes panic and fear attacks, they are really bad.

I have loads of symptoms, i dont write them down but i can say that it seems like they are every single one that we all write about.

Its strange that i still get so scared of it, i really think that i am fading away, dying and just becomes even more scared.

The worst is that i feel a bit depressed after all this weeks, i am not a depressed person but after all this its hard to be able to be as usual.

I also noticed lots of scary thoughts, that there is something really wrong with me but i also know that that is common anxiety symptoms.

The only thing that has been a bit better is my extreme fear from MS and ALS, i havnt thought about those so much and that makes me a bit proud of myself, those two deseases have been in my mind for 3 !!!! YEARS and i been terrified of them.

Now i noticed my anxiety comes from adrenaline rushes and alot of tension, my stomache is hurting really bad after all this and i got all kinds of cramps in my stomache.

What i really wonder is if someone else had had this hard time for weeks?
Its been really hard and i need some positive words about this, that things can be hard and become better.
I feel my hope is very low right now.

I am reading the Claire Weekes book and so much is fitting to me.

Best wishes to all of you and Happy new Year

Daniel

Dazo
01-01-10, 15:25
Am i the only one getting stucked in this long periods of anxiety:unsure:
I feel really scared.

carli
01-01-10, 15:38
hi daniel, ur not alone and i speak from personal experiance as i am going through it right now aswell. I know its hard but try and occupy urself with something that you enjoy.....for me i normally come online or have a hot bath with some soft music playing...that normally calms me down for a little while. Whats up with you mate?.....what kind of anxiety are you experiancing? xx

carli xx

Dazo
01-01-10, 15:59
hi daniel, ur not alone and i speak from personal experiance as i am going through it right now aswell. I know its hard but try and occupy urself with something that you enjoy.....for me i normally come online or have a hot bath with some soft music playing...that normally calms me down for a little while. Whats up with you mate?.....what kind of anxiety are you experiancing? xx

carli xx

Hi carli

Well i try to stay occupied by reading, listen to music, internet and go outside for a walk. (its very cold here in Sweden now):wacko:

My anxiety is bad, its like small panic attacks every now and then.
I feel a tight band around the chest, the heart is banging really hard and flutters.
I have stomache cramps and naussea too.

The worst is that i feel very depressed about all this and i have a hard time to see that things will be better for me. I feel like i am slowly fading away.

KK77
01-01-10, 16:05
You're certainly NOT alone in this. Although the fears may ease they don't always go unfortunately. Sometimes it's an on-going battle. Medication can help but it's just a plaster on a deep wound - the healing comes from within.

I was so terrified of these diseases a few years ago that I could never have come onto a forum like this and talk about it. I dealt with it by trying to completely block it out of my mind, but it didn't work, because it was still there haunting me every day.

I remember one female consultant saying to me that she may get one these diseases in 5 or 10 years time, but you can't live your life like that. The difference is that we have an anxiety problem and they don't. So the core problem is anxiety and if we can concentrate enough on dealing with our anxiety we have a good chance of getting somewhere.

So let's concentrate on anxiety and not the symptoms of anxiety and make this year a better one.

carli
01-01-10, 16:21
Hi carli

Well i try to stay occupied by reading, listen to music, internet and go outside for a walk. (its very cold here in Sweden now):wacko:

My anxiety is bad, its like small panic attacks every now and then.
I feel a tight band around the chest, the heart is banging really hard and flutters.
I have stomache cramps and naussea too.

The worst is that i feel very depressed about all this and i have a hard time to see that things will be better for me. I feel like i am slowly fading away.

Hi daniel i understand that it feels like there is no light at the end of the tunnel and it is a frightful journey but hopefully with time you will come wil be able to cope with what ur body and mind is going through and realise nothing is going to happen to you although is may seem as if it is.

carli xx

Dazo
01-01-10, 16:53
You're certainly NOT alone in this. Although the fears may ease they don't always go unfortunately. Sometimes it's an on-going battle. Medication can help but it's just a plaster on a deep wound - the healing comes from within.

I was so terrified of these diseases a few years ago that I could never have come onto a forum like this and talk about it. I dealt with it by trying to completely block it out of my mind, but it didn't work, because it was still there haunting me every day.

I remember one female consultant saying to me that she may get one these diseases in 5 or 10 years time, but you can't live your life like that. The difference is that we have an anxiety problem and they don't. So the core problem is anxiety and if we can concentrate enough on dealing with our anxiety we have a good chance of getting somewhere.

So let's concentrate on anxiety and not the symptoms of anxiety and make this year a better one.

Thanks for the advices.

Daniel

Dazo
01-01-10, 16:55
Yes carli, i will try to be a bit more positive, i have been here before but as always it feels the worst ever right when you are in it.
Thank you so much!