PDA

View Full Version : Bad Thoughts

michelle_122
01-01-10, 12:29
Hi everyone....im not sure whats wrong with me. i have been feeling under the weather anyway and pre-menstrual, but i just flipped last night. My heart started racing, my palms sweatng and i felt constant anger. So much so, that i felt i couldnt breath and i opened the window and nearly felt myself jumping out.....i eventually got over my bad thoughts, but now the negativity wont go away.....im scared that now its here, it will always be here. im scared i will do something silly.....my family have suffered with depression and anxiety, and my dad killed himself 11 years ago as a result of it. i guess im just scared that i will end up on that same windy road, and i just need a bit of reasurance....
Michelle x:shrug:

diane07
01-01-10, 12:30
Hi michelle_122

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Maj
01-01-10, 13:09
Hi Michelle,

I'm so sorry you feel so low. It sounds as though you've had a really bad panic attack and it's left you feeling mentally drained. I'm also so sorry about your dad. But, you have done the right thing in admitting that you feel like you do and can get the help that your poor dad should have deserved. Please go to your doctor and explain how you feel. Sometimes we need medication to help us when we feel so low and don't be ashamed of this. We all need a crutch sometimes. And even if you are on any med you can have a change if the one you are on isn't working. You've done the right thing joining this site because you will realise you are not alone with these feelings. You'll get lots of support and reassurance here. But please make an appointment with your doctor and give yourself some t.l.c. at the moment. No, you don't need to go down that windy road, you can turn a corner with the right help. You've made the first step.
Myra:hugs:

n.irishguy
01-01-10, 14:30
hi michelle, ive just started here myself but i'd like to welcome you and wish you a speedy recovery. i have some family history stuff that trys to bring me down but i always tell myself..........." im not what happened to me im who i want to be "

Antoinette
01-01-10, 17:45
Oh me too, sitting here with real bad panics, feel exhausted with them and due to have a huge family meal now and freaking out big time..... Help!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh feel like im going mad.

Antoinette
01-01-10, 17:46
michelle, you will pull through this, we are all in the same boat, but here to help each other on the way. Big hugs. XX

Morley
01-01-10, 19:09
Hi,
My dad tried to kill himself too due to M.S and I too worry about becoming like him. I became his counseller trying to stop him from taking his life as I was growing up, this resulted me growing up too quickly when I should have been playing with my doll! My sister tried to take an overdose when she was younger due to an unstable upbringing and my great nan committed suicide so it's in our family.

I have a few mental health problems and I always try and say to myself I do not want to be like my dad because it effects the whole family. one thing I noticed about my dad was that he never really understood how his actions and feelings affected me and other people around him, It was though he thought he was alone, when he was not, he had me and a supportive wife,I never use to understand why he wanted to kill himself, I thought I had done something wrong or my mum.

eva82
02-01-10, 06:28
My panic attacks and anxiety issues also tend to make me think bad thoughts...so much so that it really started ruining my quality of life. I hope you find the support you are looking for...this is an amazing site!
Hugs,
Eva

Southern_Belle
02-01-10, 15:52
Hi Michelle,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad. Perhaps it would help if you spoke to your GP about how you are feeling. So glad you found us.

Best wishes,

Laura