PDA

View Full Version : Left Side Is Just Not Right

Jemba
01-01-10, 18:10
Hi All,

I hope you can help me. I have been feeling that my left side has not been right for ages and it seems to be getting worse. I feel it in my left leg, it sometimes feels like tension in different places, it can feel like I am walking strangely and weird when I put my foot on the floor.

I also have tightness in my shoulder and my left arm generally does not feel as strong as my right. Why is this happening now, it has been slowly progressing for the last couple of months.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can objectively test for weakness on one side. Also anyone else suffer like this with anxiety. As you may have guessed I am worryiing about something more serious.......

Any support please, thank you for taking the time to read my post.:unsure:

gypsywomen
01-01-10, 18:11
have you been to the docters with this anxiety can cause all sorts of stange things

Jemba
01-01-10, 18:33
Thanks Gypsywoman, I have been for some of the symptoms, I am currently having physio on my shoulder which has helped some what. I do not know what is causing my leg thing.

I hate going to the doctor tho, I feel like it is all in my head and they will think I am becoming a pain. I have seen a neuro and had a brain MRI which came back clear. However I still constantly worry that I should have had more tests.

I have never been diagnosed with anxiety, however by reading the posts on here I feel sure this is what I have, it is that horrible element of doubt that keeps driving me nuts tho.....

Optimist
03-01-10, 05:52
Have you seen a physio? My gp sent me to see one a few weeks ago and it has made a huge difference. I had to go private, and discussed before hand why I was going, and the physio was amazing. She listened to my concerns, assessed my whole body strengths and was able to reassure me (again) that there is nothing physically wrong but I am suffering from anxiety. She massaged my back and took some of the knots out and I felt better than I had in ages. Was definitely worth the fee.

Good luck.

Jemba
03-01-10, 21:21
Thanks Optimist, I am seeing one at the moment, he is focusing on my neck and shoulder - which is to do with my hand. I have told him my concerns, however not about my leg. I will talk to him when I go back on Friday.