PDA

View Full Version : Losing my mind

phil06
01-01-10, 20:35
I'm getting all shakey with anxiety am I losing my mind? :weep:I'm getting a panic attack the now and my throught is dry... help! :weep:

Mya
01-01-10, 20:50
I think the peak of the holidays just coming to an end is not helping all us anxiety sufferers. We have been so stressed preparing for the holidays and now they have ended, let alone the beginning of a new year and decade, causes our emotions to take a toll. Not sure about you but I had one too many drinks last night which is something I do not normally do. I can see that not only the alcohol but also the anticipation of the new year is making me super edgy and shaky today. Once we start of with those symptoms, our minds go into overdrive leading to panic attacks. Just try and rest and focus on something else and it will pass. We all fear we are going mad and although it seems like very irrational thinking, if we were not rational than we would not be having those thoughts. Just my opinion though.

andrea thompson
01-01-10, 20:57
hiya hon.
when i feel like you do now i try to distarct myself by doing something simple. something boring like a pile of ironing or tidying my little boys room - sorting out his sock drawer . writing my symptoms down helps aswell.

take care hon

andrea x x

phil06
01-01-10, 20:59
I think the peak of the holidays just coming to an end is not helping all us anxiety sufferers. We have been so stressed preparing for the holidays and now they have ended, let alone the beginning of a new year and decade, causes our emotions to take a toll. Not sure about you but I had one too many drinks last night which is something I do not normally do. I can see that not only the alcohol but also the anticipation of the new year is making me super edgy and shaky today. Once we start of with those symptoms, our minds go into overdrive leading to panic attacks. Just try and rest and focus on something else and it will pass. We all fear we are going mad and although it seems like very irrational thinking, if we were not rational than we would not be having those thoughts. Just my opinion though.

Thanks I wrote the post in panic I am a bit calmer now...I kind of fell asleep after feeling a little low..all this new year stuff...got flash backs and horrible thoughts of extreme panic attacks. I once got so panicky I needed to go to A&E with my ex g.f so I kind of woke up shaking, panicking seeing hospitals. I felt all out of control like rushing about not thinking very clear. I was like that back in October and phoned in sick from work luckily it only lasted ten minutes the phases of "losing my mind"..but the time I went to A&E i was sent home and just got put on a higher dose of tablets at the time.

I'm still shaking as I speak I duno what causes this but one minute I am fine and then I'm down in major panic, fearing mental illness or like I am going to die...will I be ok?

I had to lie down and I was flicking thought tv channels on my bed just not being able to relax..and I had to hold my chest as I was soo anxious...I hope I can see this out...I actually feel out of it but I know there's soo much adrenaline going through my body. My throat went as dry as a crisp... :wacko: I managed to get back to he computer to type this just trying to calm down a bit.. I'm really scared with these shakes...and tenseness

Mya
01-01-10, 21:07
You will be ok, sweetie. I have been just like you. I have been in a real low state the past few weeks and have actually felt a bit differently than my normal panic. I used to get panic attacks that would come so quick and then leave so quick. I would still feel exhausted though.

Now it seems I have real bad depression and derealization with the anxiety. I have felt like I am on the brink of death now for over 2 weeks. It sucks big time. All I know is I am trying to stop dwelling on all the negatives and what the future holds. Our minds can take total control over the littlest things. I promise you are not going mad and you need to remember how truly strong you are for enduring all this. Not many people could ever walk in our shoes. Try to listen to some music too, I am beginning to find music being a wonderful therapy. Keeping you in my prayers, hun. You will be ok don't u worry. xoxo

phil06
01-01-10, 21:12
You will be ok, sweetie. I have been just like you. I have been in a real low state the past few weeks and have actually felt a bit differently than my normal panic. I used to get panic attacks that would come so quick and then leave so quick. I would still feel exhausted though.

Now it seems I have real bad depression and derealization with the anxiety. I have felt like I am on the brink of death now for over 2 weeks. It sucks big time. All I know is I am trying to stop dwelling on all the negatives and what the future holds. Our minds can take total control over the littlest things. I promise you are not going mad and you need to remember how truly strong you are for enduring all this. Not many people could ever walk in our shoes. Try to listen to some music too, I am beginning to find music being a wonderful therapy. Keeping you in my prayers, hun. You will be ok don't u worry. xoxo

Thanks is it often people can actually lose there mind with anxiety? I know sometimes people say if you did you would not know it. I'm just worried I can't see the night out or go crazy. Maybe I need a good nights sleep..I'm always worse after going to sleep for a nap in the evening. I wake up needing to familiarise myself with surroundings.

I think sitting in makes my anxiety a heap load worse, but you can't always find a new job and stuff over Christmas and new year. I think that's the worst physical symptom thinking you are going crazy..I think that's the worst I have felt in ages the way it strikes me down. :unsure:

I'm still trying to fight off a these shakes and trembling and my mind is still tensed up.. have to remind myself where I am and stuff..my hearts been going like a speed train..

Mya
01-01-10, 21:20
No I do not think we can lose our mind from this. But believe me I have worried. I think people that lose their minds have many other underlying issues and they also do not have the logic to really understand their thoughts. Our issue is we overanalyze our thoughts too much that they spiral into very dark thoughts. Our brains are being over processed in a sense. In all honestly, I believe society has overstimulated all our brains in a way and those of us with anxiety disorders are much more affected. We almost need to go back to organic simplified living because people like us can be fed too much information from every corner of life. We will always hit the panic mode that we are going crazy when we are in high levels of anxiety. I believe that will alway be a common symptom that we will experience and as long as we can accept that then we will be ok. People who are truly losing their minds would not be able to have a conversation like we are doing. Don't you worry, sweetie, you are just fine. You are probably too smart for your own good, which is another issue I think we all have. :)

phil06
01-01-10, 21:27
People who are truly losing their minds would not be able to have a converssation like we are doing. Don't you worry, sweetie, you are just fine. :)

But at one point I felt like out of control and had that a few times at my worst but I survived it I guess..I think major worry about my well being + adrenaline is not good. Like when I was in such a panic walking around not knowing what I was doing was going to look at a magazine but just had to sit and hold my chest thinking I was going mad. Like right now my mind says what If I'm close to going mad but not quite there yet...all this past + future is maybe causing it. My biggest fear is wondering what's causing it even if it's anxiety why does it bring me down?

I just don't feel very in control which is scaring me...normally I have calmed down by now too which is worrying me..I'm struggling to distract myself too which doesn't help. Maybe I am in control but my anxiety is just saying I'm not or something

crissy
01-01-10, 21:35
you are doing so well, just stay and chat a while, you will settle, breathe slowly thrugh your nose, everyone here is so lovely and helped me so much this last week
take a look around different posts it has been wonderful knowing we are all similar i dont even understand computers even underlining don't no how to take it of ohh well
hopeyour feelong better
love crissyx

phil06
03-01-10, 16:38
Just wanted to post an update...felt better the last few days still getting a bit panicey. My mind says "I lost it the other night" and "I can't cope with OCD"..but feel a bit shaken up by the other night as I felt so much adrenaline I felt I had lost it.

But I'm ok almost like the scariness of it has brought on a little anxiety about going out in case I go mad.

rhea
03-01-10, 18:48
heyy phil i hav a technique 4 u to try en u nxt have a panic attack.... tell it that it has twenty secounds to happen and not a secound longer count down from twenty secounds and wen you get to about 5 propa tease it like 5 and 3 quaters tell it to come on and hurry up as tomes nearly up and then carry on counting down, this should help and should make you feel that you are in control and should giv u sum confidence. I hopes this helps u xxx

rhea
03-01-10, 19:09
i hope ur feelin ok!! i suffer wiv really bad panic attacks and i am finding it hard to cope iv it all myself!! am starting hypnotherapy and psycotherapy 3moz so i hope it helps me... i totall understand da feelin of looseing control, i sumtyms feel lyk am going mad and am going to explode ecspecially wen av had a panic attack as the next couple od days afta i have one i dont want to go out n i can literally feel the anxiety in my chest. lets ty and stay strong and control this though as its our bodies and our lives!! xxxx