PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance needed......

poppyfields
01-01-10, 22:04
hi

i am after a bit of reassurance to put my mind at ease...

I have suffered over 2 years with panic attacks which lead to anxiety and eventually depression.

I did take citalopram for 12 months and stopped them gradually over 3 months ago.

Over the past month i have been feeling on and off with anxiety.

Does anyone feel in a daze, lightheaded, feel you are going to collapse or feel the need to hold onto something when walking. also, heart feels it skips a beat suddenly and legs feel heavy and weak, tiredness also big issue, could sleep anytime of day and still not feel refreshed.

I understand anxiety is a terrible illness but just want to know others feel the same as me, i think christmas and new year have contributed to my anxiety but i feel no-one understands in the family as they have never suffered.

any replies appreciated

xx

Veronica H
01-01-10, 22:16
Hi poppy

Does anyone feel in a daze, lightheaded, feel you are going to collapse or feel the need to hold onto something when walking. also, heart feels it skips a beat suddenly and legs feel heavy and weak, tiredness also big issue, could sleep anytime of day and still not feel refreshed.

...yes very familiar symptoms to me when anxious. This will get better.

Veronicax

poppyfields
01-01-10, 22:21
hi veronica

do you suffer from anxiety most days? do you take meds for it or cope yourself without?

xx

Downsinthenorth
01-01-10, 22:31
Yes, I experience all your symptoms regularly, particularly wanting to hold onto something as I get very wobbly when I'm particularly bad. Tiredness all the time, yes also, but sometimes I get over-tired and then I can't sleep at all.

I paced myself this Christmas/New Year, as it was particularly bad last year, and I didn't want a repeat performance. Now I don't rush around trying to do everything and please everybody, as I used to do, because I just ended up tired, anxious and very depressed. Felt very guilty and selfish, but it has been much better this year, although I think December will always be a stressful month.

It sounds horrible, but I never talk to my family about my problems as they cannot cope with anything other than positive superficial stuff. If people aren't going through pretty much the same experiences, they will never be able to understand.

Hope this helps.

andrea thompson
01-01-10, 22:34
hiya poppyfields.
in answer to your question yes i have had all those symptoms and as i have recovered they have faded. i was on seroxat for years and then came off them i had a few personal problems and gradually my symptoms returned. it sounds like you are trying to cope with these recent feeling of anxiety and doing well but dont let it go on for too long. if you havent already maybe it woud be a good time to discuss your progress with your dr.

good luck and take care

andrea x x

poppyfields
01-01-10, 22:51
Hi

thanks for your replies they are reassuring, i sometimes feel im going crazy and like to know how others feel with their anxiety symptoms.

My dr has prescribed me citalopram 10mg again, i took one over 2 weeks ago but felt so ill all day, worse anxiety felt like i was drunk for most of the day and had a terrible pressure in my head. Because of this i didn't want to take another one.

I can share my problems with family and they listen but they dont know how i am feeling inside, i dont even know what causes it, the anxiety appears out of the blue, wobbly legs, head pressure. i will see how i cope over the next week as i have a few days off work but if symptoms persist perhaps doc will give me something else to try.

xx :)

Veronica H
02-01-10, 22:43
Hi Poppy

I have 10mg of Citalopram which keeps me out of depression. I used to take propranalol (betablocker) and Diazipam for emergencies e.g Dentist, but really have recovered thanks to Claire Weekes and my recovery buddies here. Hope you feel better soon.

Veronicax

bellabessnjet
03-01-10, 00:46
Hi Poppy,
Yes get the same symptons, almost a collapsing fear/fainting. Strange feeling, just today making dinner couldn't cope, hot sweat, shaking had to lie down (Had a pyjama day had to take of dressing gown) too hot, shaking blah blah. Just think its a strange time of the year and we put the pressure on ourselves to try to fit in. Happy newyear, resolutions et yet we all know that deep down we just want to get through the next day never mind a whole year!! I've actually just sugest to hubby that we should celebrate each month, c'ause if I get through 30 days then I deserve a cleebration. So heres to the 1st of Feb cheers everyone!! :yesyes: