PDA

View Full Version : Feel awful had enough

anx mum
02-01-10, 11:53
Just went in taxi to walk in centre cos my docs arent open today told him im so dizzy and feel like i cant breath he did my bp and my sats and said both were ok. Said i need 2 get my bloods results mon of my gp. So anxious and alone:weep:

gypsywomen
02-01-10, 11:55
i feel for you you have it so bad ,, at the moment your not alne love you have friends on here me one of them ,, if the doc was satisfied with your test sure you will be ok ,xx

anx mum
02-01-10, 11:59
whats that sats thing they put on ur finger does that measure ur oxygen its hell maggie. So scared. Hows u?

ames6767
02-01-10, 12:00
I,m feeling bad too but it will pass its just a blip. you arent alone. xxxx

anx mum
02-01-10, 12:05
thanks for reply how u feeling? x

pollyanna
02-01-10, 12:10
I really feel for you right now, im sure you will be ok, but its you that has to believe it, i have felt like you so many times, and i know how powerful and overwhelming it can be, i wish i could do something to make you feel better, words dont seem enough , but sending you a hug, you will get through it, we are all here for you to help you get through this.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

P x

ann01
02-01-10, 12:22
I know exactly how you feel this illness is awful. I suffer from agraphobia and anxiety, i am lightheaded nearly all of the time, and my breathing keep going, ive been to walk in centre loads of times. The physical symptoms are really scary but they will not harm us. Wishing you the very best of luck and a speedy recovery. Ann x

anx mum
02-01-10, 12:22
thanks polly do u think this breathing is over breathing? Cos doc just said sats r ok?

anx mum
02-01-10, 12:23
how can i help my breathing feels like im not getting enough air.

SamanthaAU
02-01-10, 12:32
That is just anxiety honey. Can you do something like read, play a game or something to get your mind off it. I am sure once you get your mind off it, it will return to normal.

crissy
02-01-10, 12:36
morning girls
horrid night tried a tamazapam but still awake at two oclock took 2 zops only sleped till 5 avter upping cits to 30mg feel worse than ever any help please
love crissy

Maj
02-01-10, 12:39
The breathing thing is pure anxiety. If you sats were okay that's a great sign. Sats is short for oxygen saturation. If the results were okay then that's a great sign. It's a test that gets done in hospitals every day and if the nursing staff and doctors notice any change in the levels they would react if they were low. Try and be reassured that your levels are fine. Please see your own doctor again about your anxiety level, it's such a shame you are feeling like this. You are constantly battling on and wearing yourself out. We can all feel anxious and down but there's no need to feel as bad as this all the time with the choice of treatments available. You can get through this so don't despair. Go back to your doctor until you get the right help.
Myra
:hugs:

pollyanna
02-01-10, 12:52
Hi,

Myra is spot on, i am sure its over breathing hun, and once you start to feel a bit more relaxed , it will ease off, as samanthaau said, try and get you mind onto something else, for every second you are thinking of something else, you mind cant thinking about this, , the dr has confirmed your oxygen levelds are fine, this is just a sensation, a very distressing one, but a sensation none the less, you are so tuned into your body, you will notice every little thing , and we loss perpective, of what is normal in our bodies.

You are exhausted , and wearing yourself out as myra has said, i have read a lot of replies to other readers from myra, and she always gives good advice, and is spot on, so try and get yourself over the weekend,( there is always somebody here) and go see your doctor on monday as planned , and hopefully you can more support/help in getting over this bad spell.

:hugs: P x

ann01
02-01-10, 12:55
I found that distraction is the best thing to get rid of the breathing thing, although sometimes its hard to distract yourself when your feeling like you do, but if you can you will find it does settle down.
Ann x

anx mum
02-01-10, 13:07
thanks girls for ur help just rung the no panic helpline really glad of ur support

gypsywomen
02-01-10, 13:50
http://www.thesuccessquotes.com/images/friends/friendship-quote3.jpg

Gaza
02-01-10, 14:07
With being so anxious you have over-tensed the muscle in your chest and this add to not been able to breath properly, I get this all the time and then feel I am lightheaded and feel like I'm gonna pass out. Just sit down, make yourself as comfortable as you can and take a long slow breath.......

Watch this video on youtube, works real great and if you can download it to your computer, simply play as required.

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j5Z4E2wkh4&feature=PlayList&p=EDA601702DFFF20F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5

Hope this helps, I have this sometimes really bad and the only thing that works is relaxation breathing, it controls it at the core. God Bless - Gaza

sarah jayne
02-01-10, 14:18
Hi, are you feeling any better ? I know its hard when youve got kids to look after aswell but try to do something that takes your mind off your breathing. Ive had this before and know how horrid it is but i promise you, you will be fine xxx

anx mum
02-01-10, 14:38
thank u gary for video can u have this breathing problem most of day. Thanks sarah yeah hard with kids mark bk now. U going 2 docs still?

anx mum
02-01-10, 14:39
thanku for my lovely flower

julia
02-01-10, 20:10
hi your not alone im with you to,havehad it myself and still do when get worked up and anxious the best advice i was given is say to yourself "this too will pass " say it and believe it x

anx mum
02-01-10, 20:40
Thanks julia:hugs:

sarah jayne
02-01-10, 20:59
No i havent been to docs, ive made an app for monday morning with my doctor, i really cant carry on like this anymore so im hoping that he can sort me out. How are you ? Hope your feeling better xxx

anx mum
02-01-10, 21:05
same as hun just had diazpam 2 calm me. Been a hard day again no support at home just really low all the time. Hope u get sorted mon

andrea thompson
02-01-10, 22:12
hiya hon
the dr has said you are ok - so i am sure you will be ok.. when i feel like you do i just try to take my mind off things.. set yourself a task - some thing easy... i have found it really helps.. i know its prob the last thing you want to do but start doing some ironing or clean the bathroom top to bottom... i have to really force myself to do something but when i do it works... i hope this helps. remember these feelings will pass.. nothing will happen to you.. its just awful but you will be fine... go to your g.p. and get the help you need.

take care

andrea x x

SleeplessFog
02-01-10, 23:33
whats that sats thing they put on ur finger does that measure ur oxygen its hell maggie. So scared. Hows u?

That is a pulse oximeter...sats are your oxygen saturation I believe. My sister had a lung disease and had to have one for use all the time. If they used that thing and there was something wrong, it would read out right away and they wouldn't let you leave if something showed up.

I hope you are feeling better.:bighug1:

I hope your tests come back okay on Monday. Keep us posted.