PDA

View Full Version : Hello from someone who's new to anxiety.

Platypus
02-01-10, 16:32
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the site and wanted to say hello. I've been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for just over a year now so this is all very new to me.

Basically, I moved to London and find it a very lonely place. I also hate my job and have been stuck in a relationship that was unsatisfying. The stress of all this seems to have brought on my anxiety and panic. I feel anxious about being alone, eating in front of people and getting on the tube (this still seems like a bizarre mish-mash of fears to me, but I guess it's early days for me in terms of figuring out what's happening).

Having said all this, I still feel like my anxiety is quite mild. My only avoidance situation is the tube (which I'm determined to work on). Other than that I lead a very normal, socialable life... even though I often have to work through anxiety in certain situations. I don't have many panic attacks and I am not taking medication.

That said, I can see that anxiety is affecting my life, my mood and how I feel about the future. For these reasons I really want to address it. I feel very positive about working through cognitive behavioural therapy and making changes to make myself happier.

I would really like to hear from anyone who has recently started to experience anxiety, who doesn't have very severe symptoms (just because I'd like to be able to relate easily) and most of all who is positive and determined to beat the anxiety!

I hope to chat to some of you soon.

Thanks!

diane07
02-01-10, 16:35
Hi Platypus

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

eva82
02-01-10, 20:18
Hello and welcome...I am sure you will find this forum to be very useful, as many people on here have or are experiencing similar thoughts/feelings. :welcome:

suzy-sue
03-01-10, 00:02
Hi and :welcome: from me too .Im sure you will
get plenty of help and support here .The main menu to the left of this page will be a good place to start it has lots of good information ....luv :hugs:Sue xx

Southern_Belle
03-01-10, 00:34
Hi Platypus,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. So glad you found us.

Best wishes,

Laura