PDA

View Full Version : really scared about my meds and hols please help

pussycatdoll
25-11-05, 18:07
hey guys
i was prescribed about a week ago propranolol for my panic attacks. I was told to take 10 mg up to three times a day but only when i felt i needed them. Ie before a big shopping trip, a day at uni etc. However....I havent taken any yet as they have worked as a placebo which is great but I go on holiday to spain tommorow so to spain to i decided to test out my new meds and I have just taken a pill about 10 mins ago and im panicking about bad side effects. Does anyone else get side effects with them and dya think i can take them alongside my travel sickness meds??

Piglet
25-11-05, 18:17
Well the only side effect I had was to feel sluggish which is why I didn't really bother with them.

My daughter takes them too for panicky feelings and she doesn't seem to have had any side effects.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

pussycatdoll
25-11-05, 18:37
thanks for that :) I am feeling dizzy and like I cant breathe 100% well like usual but I don't know if thats the meds or me panicking. I know dizziness is a very common side effect so I don't know weather or not to just not take them this week. I really dont want to faint. Im so stupid reading websites on the dise effects coz i convince myself im gonna get them all and right now Im feeling weird.

poppy
25-11-05, 19:07
hi,
i feel exactly same about medication. my doctor gave me some diazipam to take if i was too anxious but i am too scared to take them just in case they make me worse. i think they would help though if we let them and stopped worrying.:)
take care
poppy

Quirky
25-11-05, 19:07
I know how you feel, I'm trying to pluck up the courage to take an antibiotic.

Take care,

LJ