PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me if this is OCD please?

bellabessnjet
02-01-10, 17:28
Hi All,
I've been thinking about this for a while and I'm hoping someone can help me.
I think I have an ant phobia, which is causing me to be OCD.
If I see an ant, I have to check the entire house, hoover up, clean sufaces, spray ant killer, etc etc. I find I'm constantly looking for them, and can spot 1 immediately, always on edge. We've had 2 in recently and now I cant settle, feel like I'm always on guard, watching for them, cleaning up, wiping down the place etc. Is this OCD because I feel like I cant control my actions, my head is like, OK you know you can spray and kill them, they're not going to hurt you, look how tiny they are, yet my body is in a state of high stress, shoulders up to my nesk, soooooooooo tense yet I cant stop looking for the little blighters.
Can anyone tell me if this is a form of OCD and if so how can I stop it, and if not what the hell is wrong with me.
Thanks everone
Angela:shrug:

JustBenn
02-01-10, 18:28
HI THERE, sorry about the late reply

from what i read i think it is an OCD mainly on obsessivly checking, i used to check for things aswell, till i jjust coulnt be boverd anymore, this is how i am getting better, just think, who cares, it wont hurt me, im bigger than that, and just lourgh it off, ants are tiny you can just press on it with your tiny thinger and they die, no big deal, ants cant hurt you, if they bite, you wont die, of this was the case, id probably be dead right now coz i have been bitted by a red ant.

just have control, get busy, if you get an urge or temtation to check, dont bother, coz your bigger, so stop worrying. its just fear.

there are more big things to be scared about,

belive me i understand what your going through and i no it s hard. but at the end of the day, you wont feel this way anymore :):D:):D:yesyes:

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR NORMAL LIFE BACK

JUST REMEMBER

IGNORE

Hope this helped

BabyRachel
03-01-10, 02:16
Yes this is an obsessive checking sort of form of OCD. OCD is hard to overcome, but your doing good things by rationalising it in your head!! :yesyes:

Try breaking your checking little bit by little. So you feel like scrubbing the floors and spraying bug spray. Instead, you just spray the spray, but don't scrub the floors. See how you feel. Then the next time you feel like this, try breaking it a little more and don't spray bug spray. Just try doing little bit by little bit.. xx

randomworry
04-01-10, 22:41
there is nothing wrong with you.......you are just very scared of ants its like a phobia. And the checking and rechecking is perhaps OCD.
try your best to distract yourself when you get scared which should help