PDA

View Full Version : Mole fear

Melliel
02-01-10, 18:14
Hi,

I am SO disappointed that I am having to ask for reassurance that I am o.k when only 2 nights ago I was definately going to give up on this HA.

So it all started about 4 weeks ago when i banged my leg and a big bruise appeared, this then got me checking it when I noticed I had another mole appear.

I have literally checked this thousands of times and have convinved and unconvinced myself it's cancerous.

It is one colour about 3mm and round. Whilst checking this mole I thought it would be wise to have a full inspection and have since become reunited with a mole I have had since I was about 7 (now 33). This one is round and raised and is one colour but is has a darker boarder.

This is all I can think about I am pre-occupied with thoughts of leaving my children and feel like breaking down on tears, my husband think's I am mad and say's that I am only happy if I have something to mither about and I go looking for things to be wrong with me.

I feel ill at the thought of having to go to the doctors so have decided to monitor it!

How can I move from one potential dodgie mole to another so quickly??

I want my life back, I'm tired of feeling so low and out of control of my anxieties.

I have 3 children a good job and a wonderful husband. I lost my mom to breast cancer almost 4 years ago now which seems to have escalated my health worries.

This past year I have convinced myself I have the following diseases:
Cervical Cancer
Skin cancer (on face)
Liver Cancer
Brain Tumor
HIV
Breast cancer
Stroke
Cervical Canver (again)
Skin Cancer (back)
Skin Cancer (inner thigh)
Skin Cancer (back of leg)

It's exhausting and I am SO fed up of being this irrational person.:weep:

Mel x

Melliel
02-01-10, 18:47
Oh god I just googled - I feel sick, why did I do it???:weep:

eva82
02-01-10, 20:36
Ok, please don't google your symptoms....that is about the worse thing we can do to ourselves when suffering from HA. I don't know how many panic attacks I've had because of that! Using the internet to self-diagnose ourselves will only lead to more anxiety. I know the thought of going back to the doctors scares you, but honestly, it's the only way you can have piece of mind is to talk with your GP and have him/her take a look at the mole. I don't think you can just say to yourself one night that you are giving up your HA, because if it was that easy then this forum would be empty. It is a process that we must go through to be fully recovered...a road that many of us are still traveling. It isn't easy, trust me I know. I have convienced myself that I have something terminal (brain cancer, hemmorage, ect..) because of my constant headaches. I've been puttting off going back to the doctors, but I know it is time to (made an appointment for next week). The chances of your mole being cancerous is very low, and I'm sure after a quick exam you will feel much better...keep us posted!:)
Hugs,
Eva

ZoJo
02-01-10, 23:45
Hi Mel,

I know exactly how you feel as I have bounced from one thing to another over the years. It does get very tiresome and exhausting...! Don't google, just go and see your doctor and say you want to get some moles checked out, they will also tell you what you need to look for in changes.
Don't be disappointed about asking for reassurance, thats what the website is for!!
You will be fine and keep the positive streak going, you were knocking the HA on the head 2 nights ago that is a GOOD start!!

Zoe x

Melliel
03-01-10, 16:39
Thanks for your replies,

I have decided (as my moles do not resemble any of the ones on the cancer research website) to visit the doctors but to discuss the underline problem I have with Health anxiety rather than one of my most recent health concerns.( although will probably show him the mole).

I need to get to the route of my issues rather than dealing with the symptoms which are never ending!

I am tired of being pre-occupied with morbid thoughts, I realise that there is not an overnight cure but reading some of the other posts their does seem to be light at the end of the tunnel!

Thank you all for listening and no doubt I will find myself asking for reassurance again soon.
Mel x:)

Mel :)

mabelina
03-01-10, 18:20
Hi Mel, i had a mole appear behind my ear a few years ago and about two months ago its started getting crusty and eventually peeling. This freaked the hell out of me:scared15: I went straight to see my gp (i cant leave things, my mind need to be put at rest immediately). He said it seemed find but was looking rather "sticky" so would i like him to remove it? He demonstrated what he would do on the back of his hand is using a freeze spray. Within 5 seconds it was done and in one week the mole completely gone leaving a lovely smooth area and no scar! I have a few moles which are no problem at all but im seriously considering having them removed as well as its so quick and simple!