PDA

View Full Version : Another heart concern

Neuro
03-01-10, 13:51
When I was very little, I was convinced I was having a heart attack due to a fluttering feeling. Then it went away.....then when I was 17, it came back (we were studying anorexia in psychology and the book said it can weaken the heart.....just prior to this I hadn't been eating properly, sometimes just once a day) and it bothered me for months. Then I started getting it when I was hungry....then it started happening when I wasn't hungry. Then it stopped.....two days ago it came back.
It's been a fairly constant thing and I've been to the doctor's once and he said my heartbeat is fine....I also had my blood pressure taken and it was fine......
Important question: Does blood pressure have anything to do with the heart? If there was a problem, would my blood pressure be weird?

Alisonj
03-01-10, 14:33
I always wonder the same thing. Whenever I have chest pains etc I take my bp and it is usually really good so that helps me relax somewhat. But I dont know for sure if it can be reassuring.

Neuro
03-01-10, 14:39
The condition I'm worried about having is atrial fibrillation....and apparently that can be detected by taking the pulse when it happens...so I guess that'd be a useful thing to do....