PDA

View Full Version : Paul mckenna cd's. Problem?

Wannabeloved85
26-11-05, 10:14
Hey,
I recently just bought 2 paul mckenna cd's, supreme self confidance and motivation. But after recieving them(they dont care to tell you this on the info page of the website) I read a warning sign! It says do not use if you have a nervous or psychiatric condition.
Does this mean its a bad idea to use? i know loads of people use these and find great effect from them. It mentions the word trance in the description! if its ok to use i dont wanna be knocked outta it! what if the power goes befor he says wake up! lol i cant see this happening but where as luck is concerned...ya know lol!!!
Any replies greatly appreciated
Becci x x x

vernon
26-11-05, 11:52
Hi wannabe, they have to put these warning on just everything nowadays to cover people trying to sue them. Don’t worry just use the CD, Its nothing like you see on these magic shows on TV, Its just like relaxation and only you can make it work or not work You don’t go under anywhere and you don’t go into a sleep, you only relax deeply if you let yourself but are fully aware of everything that’s being said. LOL I always used to fall asleep before these CD's finish, but that’s ok too. take care, Vernon

mico
26-11-05, 12:56
Hi Becci

This question pops up a lot, and it's understandable, but Vern covers it pretty well. The warnings are really just a product of legal advice rather than real concerns for your health. There's nothing sinister about hypnosis and it isn't nearly as mysterious as what the media would try to make it out to be. The real gist of it is that you become more open to what they're saying as you become relaxed, which is all it is.

mico

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding Danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

Wannabeloved85
26-11-05, 16:04
Thanks guys, i guess i would be kinda illegal to sell cds that could knock you out of it! lol
Ill give the cd a go and let you know how i get on.
Becci x x x

nomorepanic
26-11-05, 22:41
Becci

Here are a couple more posts to reassure you...

Paul Mckenna Cds and anxiety. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5301)

Paul McKenna hypnosis CD's (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=717)

Nicola

Wannabeloved85
26-11-05, 23:11
Thanks nicola!
I also just thought of something... the self confidance cd...isnt lack of confidance like a nervous thing anyway?!!! like someone says im nervous bout the job interview..someone tells them, boost your confidance,youll be fine?! so all peeps buying these cd's are nervous!

Meg
27-11-05, 17:40
Very true Becci

You seem to be doing very positove things to help yourself these days .

We're all behind you hoping this helps you progress..

Wannabeloved85
27-11-05, 19:32
Hey,
Thought id let ya know that me and mum listened to the cd and although we didnt do it while relaxed, we did it casualy to see if there was anything scary. And im quite confidant that it'll be fine when im relaxed.
I was also thinking that i think the warning sign could be incase you have a nervous conditions as in really really shaky? or twitching constantly? because if relaxed could startle yourself a little. I dunno! proberbly just to cover their backs!
Take care
Becci x x x