PDA

View Full Version : Hey I have emetephobia

BRB.emet
03-01-10, 18:11
I am 14 years old and i have been battling with the fear of vomiting for about 10 years. It's completely ruining my life. I don't each much anymore. Iv'e had to stop going to school because i would panic in the middle of class. I'm kind of being homeschooled for now. But the worst thing is that I also have Pandas OCD this is where my body produces to many antibodies when exposed to the strep virus. These antibodies attack my brain and make me think that when i'm actuallly hungry i feel sick. So then I freak out that i am going to get sick. It's a bad mix. None of the doctor's understand. When i went to the hospital because I wasn't eating, they thought I was anorexic. That is not the case at all. I will eventually grow out of my Pandas OCD like i thought I did last year. Then Strep went around school and it flamed up again. I loved to eat when i was 13 but I don't know what happened. It's very difficult to go through. I always question what I eat. Thanks for reading.

nomorepanic
03-01-10, 18:12
Hi BRB.emet

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Caitlin_Xx
04-08-10, 13:23
I am 14 years old and i have been battling with the fear of vomiting for about 10 years. It's completely ruining my life. I don't each much anymore. Iv'e had to stop going to school because i would panic in the middle of class. I'm kind of being homeschooled for now. But the worst thing is that I also have Pandas OCD this is where my body produces to many antibodies when exposed to the strep virus. These antibodies attack my brain and make me think that when i'm actuallly hungry i feel sick. So then I freak out that i am going to get sick. It's a bad mix. None of the doctor's understand. When i went to the hospital because I wasn't eating, they thought I was anorexic. That is not the case at all. I will eventually grow out of my Pandas OCD like i thought I did last year. Then Strep went around school and it flamed up again. I loved to eat when i was 13 but I don't know what happened. It's very difficult to go through. I always question what I eat. Thanks for reading.

Hey, I too have emetophobia and have since the age of 4 (9 years now) what you are going through sounds terribule and i hope you get better soon. xx