PDA

View Full Version : carbon monoxide

daisycake
03-01-10, 21:01
hey everyone, am getting into a state. my sister doesnt feel well i think (she's severly autistic), neither does my mam. am convinced its carbon monoxide, am really scared.. a feel a bit weird but not really in pain.. i was always told it affects pets first and since my cat is fine do you think everything is OK. am really worried, a was worrying about this last night too. its one of these things that keeps coming back to me, my only way not too worry about it is to go to bed but not sleep and so then I can monitor how i feel for a few hours.. yes I know, buy an alarm, but my mam says no as we only have a cooker. and we had an engineer out not long ago, he said there really was no need unless we had a boiler or something.. gah I hate worrying constantly like this!

Wolfy
03-01-10, 21:14
as a scuba diver we have to be aware of carbon monoxide in our tanks....
one of the pointers to CO poisioning, is sickness and a sever headache.....

have any of these ?

if so get out into fresh air and you will be ok

hope this helps

daisycake
03-01-10, 21:16
neither nope. not really got much of a headache at all lol.. dont know why i worry so much! thnx x

daisycake
03-01-10, 21:21
my eyes feel funny, not bljurry but just strange though. and feel like I can't type properly, like my muscles feel odd. am I being ridiculous thinking its lack of oxygen damaging nerves or brain or something :weep:

Going home
03-01-10, 21:31
Trust in what the gas engineer said to you recently, if he thought you were in any danger its more than his job is worth to tell you if it wasn't true. Gas fires and boilers are the main culprits and you can get one of those CM measures to stick on them, but if you only have a cooker then you should be ok.

nomorepanic
03-01-10, 22:09
Hi

I see you have posted about this concern 4 times before and obviously you are still here so it proves that you are not getting poisoned.

You say in one post that it is a bit of an obsession and I think that maybe that is right and you believe that you are being poisoned but I assure you that you aren't as you would know by now.

gman
04-01-10, 08:51
Hi Daisy,

Firstly, wolfy is correct.

I know your mam says you only have a cooker but if it's something you're really worried about then you should buy one.

We have a gas boiler and the only other appliance is a gas hob. We had an engineer out servicing the boiler and he recommended I bought one.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you bought an alarm then you'd know for sure and maybe that would help with your fear of it?