PDA

View Full Version : Hello again (without all the typos!)

Tam1979
26-11-05, 09:27
Hi, my name's Tammy, I'm 26 years old and I'm doing my best to continue studying music, in spite of the debilitating panic attacks from which I've been suffering this past week. During my early teens, I suffered severely from anxiety - but then, the doctors put me on the drug Seroxat and this enabled me to lead a relatively normal life for many years. But last December, my mum (whom I was very close to) died of cancer and, as a result of this bereavement, I began to experience more anxiety and depression than I'd felt for many years. Then, the doctors made the decision to suddenly take me off of the seroxat and I feel that in a few weeks, I've regressed about ten years. A thought that would usually be mildly upsetting is enough to trigger a full-on panic attack - and once I'm in that kind of state, t's very hard to get out of until I wake up the next morning (assuming I can sleep at all - I'm on sleeping pills now but they won't let me stay on those for long!). I'm feeling so alone and scared - but I know I can't be the only person to feel this way. More than anything, I'd like to connect with people who are suffering in a similar way - I love to e-mail people and I'd be happy to chat on the phone or meet up with someone if I feel that I've established some kind of rapport with them. Tip :) I love to talk about music and I like all kinds of stuff from folk and classical through to 60s rock/pop and then through to the present day. Oh yes - and I play the guitar... Oh I haven't told you - I'm in the London area, by the way so I'd particularly love to hear from fellow Londoners but any e-mails from anyone would be very welcome, wherever you happen to live... Take care... Bye *waves*

Tammy

feege
26-11-05, 09:38
Hi Tam

a warm welcome from me - these boards are fantastic and there are so many wonderful people here - i've only been here a few days too but it's already made such a difference!

Music is my greatest comfort - I used to be in the music business and although Im now 51 I still love to jump around my living room to new stuff and find it the most useful antidote to anxiety!

good luck

xx

fee
xx

ERP
26-11-05, 11:42
Hi Tam,

Welcome aboard I'm sure you'll find this site an extreme help as everyone here seems to have some great advice.

Take care

Elly

carlin
26-11-05, 13:52
Hi Tammy,
I am happy you have found this site, you will find lots of lovely people here with tons of good advice am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your mum, that in itself would have caused the anxiety/depression to have escalated once more, and now you are coming to christmas and the 1st aniversary, (i was exactly the same a few years back) it isn't easy, it is so very sad, but i can promise you will get through it..one day at a time. Are you still living at home? do you have any family who can support you? and of course, you can support them too.I am sorry i have no sound advice, i know you are scared, but things will ease a tiny bit as time goes on...You are doing great by keeping up with your studies, i too love all types of music and as said beforehand, it helps me enormously when i'm down and anxious, hope to speak again soon, take care and keep in touch. xxxxx

Piglet
26-11-05, 15:04
Hi Tam,

A very big welcome to the site and hopefully someone may have some helpful experience about the tablets for you.

Have you had a good look around the site and tried our chatroom yet???

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

sueiamnew
26-11-05, 16:48
Welcome to the site Tam!

chucklehound
26-11-05, 17:27
Hi Tammy and welcome to NMP where you will getr lots of support and make some new friends too!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

pinkscrumpy
26-11-05, 18:32
Hiya Tammy

A warm welcome to the site

[^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

wobily_lin
26-11-05, 22:12
hi tam

welcome again to the site.xxx

lin x

trac67
27-11-05, 01:21
Hi Tam,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of great advice here and make some good friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Karen
27-11-05, 01:40
Hi Tammy

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Tam1979
27-11-05, 08:15
Hi everyone :)

Thank you so much for your support and for your kind words. I had a much better day yesterday and I'm sure that this website is partly responsible for that. It's such a help to know that I can make contact with others in a similar boat.. I'll try and send some of you PMs later on in the day. In the meantime, take care...

Lots of love

Tammy xx

Meg
27-11-05, 14:05
Tammy

So sorry to hear about your Mum. That in itself is enough for those thoughts to start escalating out of proportion..

It sounds like your meds were stopped at a very innappropriate time too and too fast as well so you have having a rebound effect.

I hope you have support from friends and other family members at this hard time.

If you are going to go for recovery without meds you really need to look after yourself very well and take a holistic approach

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?