PDA

View Full Version : Possible pregnancy and sickness phobia

StandFree1903
03-01-10, 23:26
Well, im in the process of finding out if i am pregnant or not (still not got my implant out), and i have a fear of sickness.

Past few days ive been feelin nausea and its been freaking me out, esp as i get the feeling in my throat when im about to be sick and i keep thinking i am going to choke.

would like to know if any of our preggers ladies can help me out here and to what i can do to ease it a lil bit.

Cheers

peach
04-01-10, 00:59
hello!

i have a lonnnng post in here because im pregnant and scared...

i have had 2 months of morning sickness, which was in fact 24 hr sickness...

i havent once thrown up tho....i dont know if this is any consolation to you...
also, i found that both salty crisps and ginger anything helps ease the sickness. it was 24 hr only for 2 weeks, now i only get it in the evenings and now its also not as bad as it was....

feel free to pm me for any further advice....

good luck!

Corinne
04-01-10, 01:05
My children are grown, but I do remember being pregnant! Being pregnant was wonderful. I never felt better -- in spite of the constant nausea. What I did was keep a few saltines by my bedside. Before I even lifted my head from the pillow in the morning, I ate the saltines. I waited a few minutes and then got up.

I have a real fear of upchucking and I have to say that I never did -- not once! Also, my doctor prescribed a pill for the nausea. I don't recall the name.

StandFree1903
04-01-10, 01:17
hi corrine, thats good you got them tablets, i have anti-sickness ones but they dnt stay dwn long enuf to wrk :(..... if i am pregnant ill b 6 weeks which is scary. x

Corinne
04-01-10, 01:44
Well, hon, if you are pregnant, we'll all be here to support you!:)

Try the dry crackers in the morning and let me know if it works for you.

peach
04-01-10, 02:06
hi,

you will get lots of support on here if you are pregnant...

ive also heard that those tablets work well...im scared of meds..another fear lol..

were all here for you!

im 13 weeks....first time:D. you will be fine, i promise!

StandFree1903
04-01-10, 02:13
i'll be 6 weeks 3rd time..... xx

Corinne
04-01-10, 02:29
Two forum babies on the way! Can I be forum Gramma?:)

StandFree1903
04-01-10, 02:42
:) course u can lol xxx

Corinne
04-01-10, 03:17
Oh, good! Something to look forward to!

Scared to death
26-07-13, 19:39
Hi everyone, just quickly browsed through this thread looking for help. I'm 34 and suffer from a phobia of feeling sick. I want a baby so much but can not do it as I can't handle the nausea. I suffer from panic attacks, depression and anxiety and the nausea triggers all 3 to start. I just don't know what to do or how to overcome the nausea feeling as my partner wants to try for a baby : (

Kim51
26-07-13, 19:47
Hi I have had three children and did not have nausea with any of them, it's not guaranteed that you get nausea/morning sickness when you are pregnant, obviously you have to weigh up the chances of you suffering with it and the joy of having a child. My children are the most important thing to me and are the only thing that keeps me going and alive. Good luck if you do decide to take the leap. Xx:hugs:

Scared to death
28-07-13, 09:53
Thanks for the advice Kim51 but unfortunately I do get nausea. I have had miscarriages and with them pregnancies I've had all day nausea which was unbearable. I understand what your saying about the joy of a child that's what I hold on to. :hugs: