PDA

View Full Version : Leukemia..):

MissJennayee
04-01-10, 05:31
I haven't been on here in awhile b/c I've been doing well surprisingly, but last night I was looking at this spot I've had for months on my arm and I assumed it was just dry skin but I googled out of curiosity and low and behold LEUKEMIA can sometimes cause scabby looking patches when cells invade the skin THEN last night my throat get scratchy and I get a bad cold which I'm currently dealing with and feel awful (flu like symptoms can be related to AML/ALL) , I've been down the Leukemia road 6 times so far, so you think I would finally get over it but I'm obsessed. I had a CBC w/differential around 5/6 months ago and my blood work was PERFECT. The nurse said she had never seen a count so spot on - but I'm still scared and think it's time to get it done again, what do you guys think? ):

Ronny
04-01-10, 21:19
Hello...........Are you seeing anyone,about your fears?You should see a therapist,to be worried about this so much sounds like ocd,but i would not know,all ican say is stop and do something to take your mind off this negative thinking.I have done the same thing,worry about any little symptom.Please take care:)ronny

MissJennayee
07-01-10, 06:58
I am seeing a therapist and have been on Prozac for a few weeks for OCD, with little effect so far. Still very worried and anxious! ):
Thanks.