PDA

View Full Version : Cant take no more

anx mum
04-01-10, 13:33
Had the most awful weekend had a feeling like i cant breath been really anxious crying all the time. Went 2 my gp today was sobbing my heart out said u r breathing fine just feel like they dont understand. Shes referring me 2 mental health.

gypsywomen
04-01-10, 13:41
i feel for you, i have been through what you are now its hell , try to remember its your mind making you feel as you do ,,i had it so decided if you cant beat it join it ,,so i went against how i felt and kept busy ,, played my music load anything to take my mind off these thoughts ,you can also do it even if you think you cant ,, it cant be any worse can it ,,xxxxxxx

Alabasterlyn
04-01-10, 13:45
Sorry to hear you've been feeling so bad over the weekend. I think to be honest that the stress of Christmas and New Year has made a lot of us feel particularly crappy, so I'm sure lots of us can empathise with how you feel.

I also get that feeling of not being able to breathe. For me it started one day when I was going upstairs carrying up the vacuum cleaner and also talking on the phone at the same time. By the time I got to the top of the stairs I found it hard to carry on talking as I felt really out of breath. Even after I had got my breath back I kept worrying about it and made myself very conscious of each breath and convinced myself something was wrong. I have now stopped worrying about that and am worrying about other things instead, but that seems to be how anxiety is unfortunately.

Honestly though I would say that if you have seen your GP he would have noticed if anything was physically wrong with you. Did he listen to your chest at all or do any other checks? Sadly GP's don't learn much about mental health when they do their training, which is why they are usually lacking in being able to offer us any reassurance. Hopefully the mental health team will be able to offer you something better and I hope you start to feel better soon :hugs:

anx mum
04-01-10, 13:52
well my normal gp could see i was distressed and fobbed me off so my partner took me 2 walk in clinic where he did my sats and it was 97 which made me feel abit better.

sarah jayne
04-01-10, 13:54
Sorry ur not feeling any better. Did you get the results from your blood test ? x

Maj
04-01-10, 13:56
I think you're stronger than you think. You get so low but you still bounce back, even if temporarily. You will get there, just stop struggling and try to accept your symptoms are anxiety, cannot do you any harm, and you will eventually find some peace.
Myra:hugs:

anx mum
04-01-10, 14:51
bloods just showed inflammation infection somewhere she didnt seem worried by it. Thanks myra wish i felt stronger for my boys dreading doing school run 2moz.

joans60
04-01-10, 14:56
Hi Anx Mom
You will do the school run tomorrow
You will be fine think positive
I have pm you with my details for you
Look after yourself
Did they say how long you would have to wait to see anyone

Regards Joanx

magpie girl
04-01-10, 15:38
Hi bev,sorry to hear your no better with the breathing.It sounds like your breathing from your chest and not right into your stomache.I tend to do this when im feeling anxious aswell,and then i feel im not getting enough oxygen which panics me even more:weep::weep::weep:.I would say lay down and relax,try doing breathing exercises,but when you feel so anxious its not so easy to put into practice.I think once your referal comes through they will beable to help you more than your gp,so just hang in there bev were all here if you need us:hugs::hugs::hugs:

anx mum
04-01-10, 15:48
thanks hun how u doin?

mandie
04-01-10, 15:56
Aww poor u hun, yr gp should of refered u to mental health a long time ago

I had high hopes of a good year for myself but the last few days have been a nitemare

:hugs:

mandie x

springblossom
04-01-10, 16:02
sorry to hear your breathing has been poor - this seems to be a real anxiety monster. i have had this since i was a teenager -

the cure? DISTRACTION, OCCUPATION, PERSISTENCE...easier said than done, but when you're totally and deeply engrossed in something youre breathing will self-regulate (just like it does when you're asleep)

If you've been checked over then you must believe that it is just anxiety...