PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack In Tesco!

oscar1
04-01-10, 14:11
The last couple of weeks ive been alot better at waiting in queue's and stuff, especialy compared to a few weeks ago when I could barely sit still, let alone wait for anything. But this morning I was in the queue in Tesco and it was taking forever and I just lost it and had leave my stuff and run outside. I just came home and didnt even bother buying the stuff I needed. It was so horrible.

Jaco45er
04-01-10, 14:15
Hi Oscar

don't beat yourself up over it mate. There is a relationship between the anxious mind and Supermarkets. I read that big open spaces, bright lights, and lots of people (a typical supermarket) flood the sensitive mind with information and can raise anxiety so much you just have to leave.

Try not to avoid supermarkets though, next time you are feeling up to it, pop in and buy just a couple of items, but above all, do not avoid going back.

Good luck

Jaco

mandie
04-01-10, 16:00
Hi Oscar

Aww poor u, i really no how u feel. iv just come back from morrisons after feeling so anxious and panicky.

i dont no how i stayed but i had my daughter and her friend with me, so guess i didnt want to worry them etc.

Like Jaco said the bright lights really seem to effect me.

Dont let a bad time put u off, seems like u have been doing well lately.

Get yourself back in threre tomorrow and try again

love mandie x

springblossom
04-01-10, 16:04
try to go back again as soon as possible and you'll realise that tesco didn't cause the panic attack but your stressed nerves/thoughts.

you will learn to see your body as a safe space again - it might take time, but when your nerves have learned not to react to violently, a trip to tescos will be a walk in the park for you.

gypsywomen
04-01-10, 16:04
i agree with all above i find when i am queuing, i focus on something ,, or a person dont look up as lights do make you panic i find its the brightness , dont gve up one blip xxx

mikl
04-01-10, 16:47
I've had much the same thing and firmly believe that it's a message to me to shop in the high street and support small shopkeepers. No I don't mean to be flippant but it isn't the end of the world if you have saved some money by not shopping at Tescos. We are all different so perhaps you could try to accept that you are an individual and not part of a homogenous gloupy mass.If you want to allow yourself to avoid situations if they frighten you..all this psychobabble is not helping you:noangel:...

leony
04-01-10, 18:20
perhaps u could go back when its not quite so busy early morning or late evening so u can get served quicker

ames6767
04-01-10, 20:14
I suffer the same. I even have to wear tinted glasses as I'm sensitive to the lights. Don't worry it was just a bad day. Xx