PDA

View Full Version : does this therapy wrk???

rhea
04-01-10, 16:13
hello guys!! am off to start my hypnotherapy and psychotherapy at 6 (i cant belive i have had to pay to go private as the doctors have had me on a waiting list for 5 months and i just cnt cope wiv it all anymre} i hope this does help me!! if anyones knows anything about this therapy or has had it i wud b reeally gratefull to hear about it thanks xxxx

Just.A.Girl.x
05-01-10, 13:06
Heya Rhea...I had hypnotherapy and psychotherapy.....I definitely felt the latter helped more...Good Luck xxxx

annette1
05-01-10, 19:16
Hi Rhea

How did you get on with your therapy?

I haven't tried hypnotherapy but have been working with a psychologist weekly for the last 10mths. We have combined EMDR therapy with talking therapy & meds, all have help tremendously. I was diagnosed with PTSD in Nov 08, I no longer have panic attacks & my anxiety, depression & ptsd symptoms are manageable with the relaxation techniques she has taught me.

Good luck with your therapy, its hard work, i naively thought my psych would be able to wave a magic wand over me & few weeks later I would be fine. Wrong!! She made it very clear from the start that my recovery was in my hands, she would guide and support me through it but it would be me doing the work. Like you I am having to pay privately (long waiting list in bristol) but I feel so different than I did a year ago it has been money very well spent.

Take care & stay strong, you can & will get through this!
Annette

rhea
06-01-10, 16:01
heyy guys thanks for the messages and yes am keeping a very positive atitude iv the therapy an ano ther is no quick fix but even feeling gradually better or just a bit beeter at first ill make me happy! and yes am determined to get through this, and yes the waiting list r terrible but am not botherd spending the money as irs money well spent, am just keeping my fingers crossed that it does really help me! xx