PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for anxiety/panic/depression

SickofIt
26-11-05, 13:07
1 part hormones (PMS)
heaping helping of stress related to buying a new car (money, etc)
1 pinch of routine change (due to holiday here in the US)
liberally sprinkle with a dash of difficult relatives

Combine all and wait for panic attacks. [V]

About two weeks ago my van started to have major problems.
Both our vehicles have high mileage and eventually there comes a time to buy something else. Problem is we didn't have any $ saved and our credit history is less than perfect. So we start dickering with the bank and the car dealers. The bank finally agrees to lend us some $. So we go out car shopping and the price haggling begins. Of course, hubby is horrible at haggling so I have to do it all. [8] Then we call the bank and they drag their feet with the paperwork. Then on Tuesday we have to drive an hour to another bank branch to sign the papers. Ok, we have the car now but we also have 5 years of payments. [Duh!] The panic attacks start again.

Holiday on Thursday at my parents' house and having to deal with their disapproval of everything we do and their constant bickering with each other. Thank goodness it's only for a few hours. Then here in the US, yesterday they call "black Friday", the official start of the Christmas shopping season. So now I have to buy Christmas gifts and make car payments and I dont' know how I'm going to do all that with a job that I hate and have been thinking about quitting.

I hate Christmas to begin with and this money worry just makes it worse.

feege
26-11-05, 13:52
he he black Friday... oh yes that figures!

I think for anyone with depression and anxiety the next month is probably one of those "close your eyes and jump over the cliff and hope you come up on the other side in the spring" times!

Hope things improve for you - don't know how it works for you but I try to look forward to the winter solstice (Dec 21) when it starts getting lighter again - but that might not be the case where you are!

You're not alone!!

fee
xx