PDA

View Full Version : Need to share this........

RobyBaggio18
26-11-05, 13:39
As some of you are aware I'm trying to recover from my second bout of anxiety (for about 5 months now).

Tuesday just gone I saw a hypnotherapist/NLP practitioner from the national phobics.

I gave him my story and the triggers, a bad drugs experience four years ago etc. He asked me whether I actually had thoughts about the incident itself or was concerned about the post anxiety after (which initially affected me for nearly two years after) and my answer was the anxiety symptoms.

He asked me about my childhood and I explained to him that i was something of a loner, lacked confidence and worried about the slightest thing and he then he asked me if ive ever had anxiety prior to the bad drug experience. I said no but then thought back and realised that I always walked with hunched shoulders, fists clenched, i was never relaxed, moody and irritable. He said that I wasnt born like this and something must have happened to make me like this. I'm usually dead against this kind of therapy, but then I thought what my CBT therapist said to me 3 years ago. Towards the end of therapy (7 months) he said I was back to normal, when I felt that I was still suffering, but then realised I'd always felt crap and depressed.

He said that I am only anxious about my symptoms and there must be an underlying problem.

He's the bit that shocked me.......

He relaxed me then put me into a trance, then I felt my body relaxed and my head slumped forward. He then asked me to think of my symptoms, then he counted from one to ten and said they would progressivly get worse nearer ten. I felt safe but my whole body was trembling, i was sweating and my eyelids were twitching like mad just like a panic attack.

He then said, what is it about this world that makes you feel unsafe, you're a young boy now think back to when you felt like this,

I went back through (deeply in a trance) and thought of anxiety provoking symptoms from my childhood, as I recalled each one my symptoms got worse until I got down to one when I was five,

I was in the back garden and I went to stroke our dog (a vicious black lab.) and he ripped my hand apart. there was blood everywhere. He lived in the hall, and I was too scared to go passed it after that.

He said this was the thing that gave me an abnormal anxiety level. Thinking about it its quite a traumatic thing for a five year old, to be savaged by a dog twice the size of you and not feel safe in your own home. He said next week we can intergrate this memory and lower my anxiety levels.

This is called analytical hypnotherapy, completely different from the relaxing stuff before (this didnt really work for me).

Have I finally found the problem after 20 years?

This was quite a shock to me, feel free to give me your thoughts.

Mark.

tt
26-11-05, 14:37
Please keep me posted Mark, that sounds great!. I can hardly wait till next week and see where it goes. I am very interested in tha but never had the courage to try it.

Good luck and I wish you the best!
TT:)

TT:)

carldourish
26-11-05, 17:40
Hi Mark.

Thats fantastic that you have a therapist that you can relate too. It will be great to know what he will intergrate your memory with, to lower your anxiety.

Please keep us all posted. Lets hope you have found the trigger after 20 years.

Take care.

Carl

RobyBaggio18
26-11-05, 17:44
Cheers mate.

I haven't been ill all these years. As claire weekes says that you are only nervously ill when you become afraid of the symptoms. Just these last few years ive been ill, but theres always been something there in the past.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Mark.

Thats fantastic that you have a therapist that you can relate too. It will be great to know what he will intergrate your memory with, to lower your anxiety.

Please keep us all posted. Lets hope you have found the trigger after 20 years.

Take care.

Carl

<div align="right">Originally posted by carldourish - 26 November 2005 : 17:40:15</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

wobily_lin
26-11-05, 21:57
hi mark

thats fantastic. me like tt, am too scared to try this. keep us informed please. and i m sure this will help so much.

take care. great.xxx

lin x