PDA

View Full Version : Why cant i go outside?

Ruby94
04-01-10, 18:13
I can (easily) go outside with my boyfriend, but i still get the dizzy feeling, after five minutes i start feeling hot and out of breath and weak.. not to forget really ill.. maybe this is because i am unfit because i hardly go out .. im not sure but when i finally stop walking i can feel the blood rush rapidly up my legs and through my body which makes me unbalanced. I never go out without him.

Ruby

Im not 100% convinced that i have agaroaphobia, but i am 70% atleast..

gypsywomen
04-01-10, 18:19
maybe have a chat with your docter ,, one thing that is good you do go out thats good ,,whitch means you can do it ,try just walking around the block let your boyfriend watch from distanc when you feel you had enough just turn round each day go a bit futher do you have a dog

Ruby94
04-01-10, 19:43
Thats a great idea. the distance thing,. No dog :( Ty

Sweetpea6
04-01-10, 19:46
Maybe you do have agoraphobia; maybe not. But you find going outside hard, and that's the main thing. Start at the very bottom (eg standing outside your front door for a few minutes) then greadually, slowy work your way up. It takes time, but you can get there!

If you want a proper diagnosis, then visit your doctor. I know this will be hard for you as you hate leaving your home, but it may be worth the anxiety if only to have a clear answer.

Good luck!