PDA

View Full Version : Breast Pain

citygirl1
04-01-10, 19:39
Hi all, haven't been on in a while.

Going to doc in morning as i've been suffering from pain in one of my breasts over the xmas period. After closer inspection i think i can feel a slight bump and when i press it's quite painful. I'm obviously naturally worried. Best get to doc to get it checked over.:blush:

smudger
04-01-10, 19:47
My young daughter had a lump which hurt her on her chest , turned out to be an infected sebascious cyst. Naturally I worried myself sick! Good idea to check it out though, costs nothing but your time. xx

citygirl1
04-01-10, 20:02
Yeah have enough sense about me to get it checked out. Terrifying though.

tashbarnes87
04-01-10, 20:11
remember pain when it comes to lumps is a brilliant sign. a sinister lump will rarely be painful. Although saying tht i had a rock hard lump that was completely painless and it was a cyst. I imagine its an infected nodule or cyst xx

citygirl1
04-01-10, 20:36
Yeah thanks tash, will see what the doc says when i see her in morning.

mummygarcia
05-01-10, 08:57
hi, have you been yet how did you get on?
have been getting niggly and then sharp pains in my left breast, have found a small lump so plan to get that checked out - although my boobs always feel quite lumpy anyhow so its hard to tell if this lump is new or has always been there
of course now worrying myself sick, all the gp appts have already been taken at 8.38 and am going to stress myself silly over the next day!
on another note, i think my period is due come to think of it its actually a little late - wondering if boobs could be affected if pg or if period about to come?

meg86
05-01-10, 09:55
Hello :)

I can relate, i was having pain mainly in my left breast to, i have had it for a few around 2 months, i am my own worst enemy though as i poked and prodded and made it it a hundred times worst, when i left it alone the pain eased up! i went to two different doctors who said that i definately had no lumps just that my tissue was swollen, this didnt ease my worries so i continued to poke and made my tissue was sooo swollen and started to thicken, it felt like big hard lumps!

I started taking anti inflammatries and it went down alot!! i am still taking them but got myself in such a tizzle!!!

The best advice i have is, its probably caused my a hormonal fluctuation and made your tissue swell, this is very common and please dont get like me and poke and prod and make yourself sore and make any breast tissue lumpier and even painful. The past 2 months have been a nightmare and all about breasts.

Also its very common to have one breast that is more cyclical than the other, this is defiantely my case, if you are due on your period this could also be the cause, to feel for lumps its best to do it in the shower and use lots and lots of shower gel or soap.

Take Care and hope it went well at the doctors :) xx

citygirl1
05-01-10, 16:42
Hi again

Saw my doctor this morning and she was lovely. She had a good feel round my 2 breasts and has told me that she thinks it's a muscular problem or perhaps a small cyst. She said both breasts felt quite similar on the same area although i was obviously feeling the pain more on the other side. She has told me to keep an eye on it and to go back if there are any further changes. I feel more reassured now as she is my family doc and has sent me for tests straight away for things in the past. So i'm going to try not to prod the area too much and see if it clears up. If not i'll go back and she'll probably send me for a mammogram.

But hey the power of the anxious mind ehh. But not gonna let that beat me.