PDA

View Full Version : help

LaurenMay
04-01-10, 20:03
HI all,

over christmas I was absolutley fine, back to work today and guess what??

Mind you, this pain I am having was there last week but didnt pay attention to it.

Its my back on the right side under the lower ribs. Like a shooting pain - trapped wind?? Its also going to the right side of my neck??

This is too high for appencitis right?? Dont want to die if my appendix end up bursting!!! AAHHHH! doesnt hurt to touch the right side whatsoever.

Cant believe its started again :(

staple
04-01-10, 20:13
Hi Lauren may
It sounds like a real pain and scary,
Its difficult but its one we anxious people do and thats self diagnose which is not good for us as we are not trained as doctors and this can lead to self torture so its important to get good medical opinion on your condition.
Michael:)

WeeSmallHours
04-01-10, 20:17
Most likely nothing serious, but I can appreciate your state of mind. I had a pain like that a few months ago, which I think was just my IBS acting up. Been almost 2 decades and it still sort of freaked me out. I was convinced it was my gall bladder or cancer or something horrible. I went to see a GI doc because I was also having bad reflux issues (on PrevAcid). Well, a few weeks of healthy eating and exercise and a lot of bloating went away and things were all back to normal. My doc thinks I may have had a virus that made things worse. If it persists then maybe you should see a doc, for peace of mind if anything.

Remember too that the anxiety and tension are only going to exacerbate these types of symptoms. It can really make diagnosing a problem more difficult. Are the symptoms real? Anxiety related? Worrying just causes more anxiety and the cycle continues. Not easy but we will all persevere. Best wishes.