PDA

View Full Version : Not looking forward to being on my own tomorrow

karen s
04-01-10, 22:26
After having days of panic and anxiety since boxing day then feeling good for 2 days and then last night which really brought me down (samartians are really good) i now have the fear of being on my own tomorrow! all the kids and hubby back at school collage and work i have done all the packups and uniforms and now i feel lost!:weep: Was thinking to keep my little boy off school just so i have noise. Panic is coming over me:weep:

Downsinthenorth
05-01-10, 09:08
Hi Karen

Have you tried putting the TV or radio on for background noise?

When I wasn't working, I made up a daily schedule that kept me really busy until about 3pm, and then I spent the next few hours before my husband came home doing things that I wanted to do, as a reward for finishing everything on my list.

I can't stand the cold and warmth makes me feel comforted, so I brought my (single) heated blanket downstairs and put it on the sofa with a sheet over the top. Then I'd make a snack and watch a soppy film/read a very light book. I still do this on my days off during the week, although I have to get the blanket back upstairs before Mr Downsinthenorth comes home, or I get accused of being a soft southerner.

Hope this helps
XXX

pollyanna
05-01-10, 09:24
Hi Karen

Its a daunting thought i know, the last poster has offered lots of really good ideas, you will get through it, and your confidence will grow/

tc and best wishes

P x

jude uk
05-01-10, 10:13
One thing that can help is to understand that your panic has nothing to do with who is with you. Being on your own I can understand brings its own worries but by keeping active will allow your mind to focus on other things. When I felt like you, my house was the cleanest house in my neighbourhood. Dont sit about being bored with to much time to over-think. A friend has just started a blog and has found that encouraging. They speak about their feelings and how well or not so well they have been doing.
Your mind is working over time at the moment but you will cope

Jem21
05-01-10, 12:46
Just get through each little bit at a time... as someone previous wrote make a list of all the things that need doing, or you'd like to do, and make a start on one, it maybe hard at first and a bit shakey but thats to be expected, i had to stop every now and then then go back to it 10 minutes later, but at the end of the day you have things to be proud of even if they are small things, and it keeps you busy. The important thing is to have things there waiting to help take your attention when your on your own. Nothing is ever easy at first but sometimes you feel so much better for starting.

Good luck, thinking of you xx

karen s
08-01-10, 23:00
Thankyou for all the advice :) Tuesday i read up in the morning but i'm so sorry i did'nt write back, took the advice and did it and helped so much, but now with the snow all week and kids being home my mind feels like a bomb! asked my mum all the things i been feeling and she said i need to go doctors as i'm just like her and maybe i need help in a mental hospital!