PDA

View Full Version : hello from australia :)

chop
26-11-05, 15:31
Name is Paul
Country Australia
Age 29

Can stop reading now if you are not interested in an indepth idea of me :)

Anxiety started is mid 2000. Finally found out what it was in 2002 after staying indoors for 2 years scared of weverything including eating. Yes I basically slept scared for two whole years.

Went onto Aropax for 2 years and eventually got better. helped to know it was anxiety. Pills did help at the time but wont take them again.

Was an alcoholic all my life. Quit drinking 1 year ago (although I did cut down a lot when I got anxiety as it made it worse). Dont drink at all now and dont miss it. I am alive this way. (trust me I was a bad drinker)

Met a great girl who helped me thru things and recovery. Have a 2 year old son now. Gorgeous. Feel like crying right now from happiness. Had a hard last few days with a relapse after being off pills for a year or so and feeling great most of the time. Feeling good right now.

Went to the beach today and a mates house. Went for a cruise tonight (100kms away). Even though I was S**t scared and felt like my head was going to explode I went anyway. Ran around the block for fitness. Drank a lot of water.

Basically got scared with everything I did today but I think it will help me. Scared I pee too much today but its from the water. Scared of everything and constant head hurts and pains and ears hurt. Freaks me out more but I am trying to stay positive in this relapse. I have noticed with the help of my new therapist (one visit so far) that I am actually depressed and dont look forward to anything or see good in anything. This post I am saying good things as they are but up until now I didnt think that way.

Also I apparently set goals too high and unachievable mostly and even if I reach them then I set another one even higher so I never let myself be happy as I am never good enough etc. I think that is a biggy and mostly from how I was treated by my father (not bad but his way) when I was young and learnt his ways.

Anyway, sorry for the rant and life story.

I guess I am saying: I had it, I conquered it and now I got it back and he wants a re-match. I will beat it again - just very unexpected and second time around its more depressing but I know how to handle it more and I am not stopping doing things this time. I will win and I will think positive indeed!

Thank You for listening :)
Paul

I often think anxious people are either very smart and use their brains a lot (maybe in the wrong way and think TOO much) and/or very nice people who try to please everyone.[^]

feege
26-11-05, 16:04
Hi Paul

Just read this after my post about ears!! I guess it would be stretching it for the virus to be there and here..... hey, maybe not these days!!

You sound like you have a really good handle on what's going on with you and there are lots of like minded people here! I think what I want to say is don't try and force yourself to be better because therein lies the rub, the pushing, striving can cause more anxiety. We all want to be the best at curing ourselves and beating anxiety but the truth is that living with it is the greatest achievement, accepting it's a part of us at the time, though obviously not necessarily always!

You can tie yourself up in knots trying to understand it all and wear yourself out even more trust me - that's what I do!;)

anyway welcome! Oz sounds good in sleety grey cold old blighty!

fee
xx

chucklehound
26-11-05, 17:29
Hi Paul and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some great friends too!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

pinkscrumpy
26-11-05, 18:31
Hi Paul

A warm welcome to you

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

wobily_lin
26-11-05, 22:11
hi paul

welcome to the site. sorry you r having a rough time but it sounds as if you wont let this beast again. i can feel ur positivity. congrats on doing well and giving up the boose. cant have been easy. well done.

take care

ptsd sufferer

lin x

trac67
27-11-05, 01:24
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some great friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Karen
27-11-05, 01:38
Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
27-11-05, 14:10
HI Paul

Good one .. Glad to hear you're up for the fight - although in reality fighting isn't the easiest way - working with it is gentler and more constructive.

Excellent on kicking the drinking and on having a beautiful son.. Why are you afraid of peeing too much - does your health worry you too a lot..

Glad you've got a new therapist - hope shes familiar with CBT and can work with you on your self esteem issues as well as overcoming the fears..

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

3faces
27-11-05, 16:36
:DWelcome Paul:D

Jem xxx

nomorepanic
27-11-05, 16:37
Paul

A warm welocme aboard and thanks for the intro post.

A big well done on giving up the alcohol - that is great news.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

kazo
27-11-05, 18:11
hi paul

welcome to the site

kazo xxx

jill
28-11-05, 20:52
Hi Paul

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX