PDA

View Full Version : feel like a dog chasing its tail

omh
01-02-04, 00:48
I feel like a dog chasing its tail.

first off i went to docs about feeling down. he diagnosed depression. plus i had been having panic attacks too.
anyhow he put me on doxepin and gradually i dont feel down very much at all. in fact i dont cry at everything and feel like getting on with my life.

however the panic attacks still come occasionally.
but now i get so tired by the tablets. they say take them at bedtime, but i get so sleepy on them. so doc suggested taking them at say 6pm, but even so i still so sleepy/'drugged up' that my husband has been known to dress me without me waking up!!!!!

still suffering from panic attacks, but now feel anxious all day long no stop. doc says he wont up my medication because of drowsiness, and said he could put me on beta blockers for the panic attacks but wont do so unless i have 4 a day. one every week or so is bad enough!

so now the depression seems to be replaced by aniety and i really cant take it, i just feel like im going round and round in circles :(

Lottie32
02-02-04, 10:51
I'm sorry to hear you are suffering.

Why don't you want to take the beta blockers?

I find them very good when I have used them

Charlie

Meg
02-02-04, 16:13
Hi,

If you didn't feel drowsy on Doxepin previously and now do - good news- they've worked - you're on too much.

Sounds like you could do with getting to grips with the panic attacks - why you have them , cause and subsequent fears that maintain the anxiety.

Meds can help with symptoms but if you are feeling well enough to get on with your life - a bit of CBT may be all you need and not more meds.
Quite often deep depression can mask anxiety , when the depression lifts then the anxiety emerges .

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...