PDA

View Full Version : Worries since having A DVT

christinez
05-01-10, 15:30
Nearly two and a half years ago I was diagnosed as having a DVT in my right leg, with all the facts pointing to it being caused by me taking the Dianette pill for my skin problems. Stupidly I logged on to numerous health websites afterwards trying to seek information about the condition. Stupidly my brain latched onto one snippet of information - a DVT could be a symptom of cancer! Ever since I read and took on board that information I have been constantly upset and worried by the thought that I MUST have cancer, even though all logical thought should tell me that I don't have it. I am constantly convinced I can feel a lump in my breasts, a lump in my abdomen, every episode of constipation is a sure sign I have bowel cancer........and on and on for the last two years. My logical brain is telling me there are no lumps, there is no cancer......if the DVT had been a sign of it, there would hsve been no doubt about my having it by now, but my irrational mind keeps saying you have something, there is cancer there. I now realise I have completely wasted the last 2 years of my life by this futile and unneccessary cycle of terror and panic. Can anyone advise me on the best way to try and break this destructive cycle? Many thanks.

Wee-Mee
05-01-10, 17:25
Hi there,you sound the way I was mid last year with cancer..I had cervical cancer,breast cancer,kidney cancer and throat cancer all in the space of a week..which obviously was not the case but my head would NOT let me shake it..

Right now due to other stress in my life I can feel my HA creeping in and I'm starting abotu breast cancer again..

But what I DO know is that ever single thing on google always goes back to cancer. Seriously love.
There are so many other things that can happen to the body,less serious that are nothing to worry about.
Alot of people get DVT but they don't all have cancer. I should take my own advice about the breast issues though so feel free to tell me to shut up but please try not look thing sup on the internet..it's dangerous for anxiety sufferers like ourselves.
I was alot better after cutting it all out.
I know it's hard though. Here if you need to talk. I'm usually stoting about. And try to get on when I can

xxxxxxxxx