PDA

View Full Version : BF has stopped taking Prozac -ouch!!

unicorn 0578
05-01-10, 17:34
BF told me lasat night that he has stopped taking his tablets (40mgs of Prozac) he didn't do this on the advice of the doctor or reduce gradually, he hasn't taken any for 6 days!!:mad:

It wouldn't be so bad if he was well at the moment, but he is showing symptoms of severe anxiety and dealing with a lot of life stresses at the moment.

We moved in the summer and neither of us like our new doctor, he is so uncaring and hardly speaks. So getting BF to see GP isn't going to be an easy option. I know we could change GPs but that would take time to sort out and we have a lot on our plates at the moment.

BF is still anxious but hasn't had any huge problems with the sudden withdrawal of Prozac, but I am scared he will crash at any minute!

Don't know what to do for the best. Anybody experienced similar or any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and Best Wishes

Sarah x

Louix
08-01-10, 10:35
Hi... Maybe try speaking the the NHS helpline? There might also be anxiety groups that are local to where you are living? Are there more than one doctor at your surgery? The side affects alone will be enough to deal with, let alone the actual coming off the tablets.

Its great that he has such a supportive gf, who really wants to help, but don't forget your not super human either... Try and get him to talk, if not maybe you find someone to talk to?

Hope i am of a bit of help, best of luck xxx

london
08-01-10, 13:05
wish him better from me god bless

Tucker
10-01-10, 15:03
Fluoxetine wears off very slowly so you might not see any symptoms for a month or so.......

i myself ended up back down after about 2-3 months off these meds.....but everyone is different.

Good Luck

unicorn 0578
10-01-10, 15:34
thanks for your replies, much appreciated :)

Update.....

BF has decided to go back on Prozac (has been taking them for a few days), still doesn't want to see GP. We discussed other avenues of what might help. BF use to go swimming regularly and it was good for his mental health so he is going to try that again.

Also has been on the waiting list for counselling for ages, we got a call to offer him an appointment for the 25th of January, so hopefully this will be a big help.

I am feeling a bit more at ease that at least we have got 2 things to try but still very concerned about him. He is very agitated and can't relax.

Oh well fingers crossed! It really helps me being able to talk on here so thanks for that.

Best Wishes

Sarah x