PDA

View Full Version : quick please help.is there such thing as a phobia of diarrhoea?

nervousnikki
05-01-10, 18:05
Hi guys.

Has anyone ever had diarrhoea by its self. No sickness?

I am emetrophobic and every time a get diarrhoea i think it means i'm gonna be sick aswel. I am passing, basically dirty water. i know anx and panic make it worse.

Has anyone had such loose movements cos of anx?

i love tea
05-01-10, 18:15
Yes & Yes :)

Try not to panic - I've had diarrhoea loads of times without feeling or being sick and anxiety can definitely contribute to an upset stomach. I have IBS too, which is often worse when I am feeling stressed or around my period.

Try to rest and drink plenty of fluids. I'm sure you'll feel better soon :flowers:

Maj
05-01-10, 18:15
Hi,

You don't have to have sickness if you have diahorroea. Our family have just had the norovirus and have varied between one or both. You could have this and it only last a maximum of 48 hours, and can actually calm down in 24 hours. It certainly sounds like it could be this when you say dirty water and is not serious. Drink plenty of fluids. I think you'd have been sick before now.
Myra:hugs:

nervousnikki
05-01-10, 18:18
i have been watery since 9 this morning. then it stopped and now been at it since 4pm. do u really think the sickness would have started by now x

Maj
05-01-10, 18:21
When we had both symptoms the sickness actually started first. It sounds like you're not going to have this so please try not to worry yourself too much. You're probably over the worst of it now. Just relax and drink plenty of fluids to replace what you've lost. I hope you feel better soon.
Myra:hugs:

nervousnikki
05-01-10, 19:01
oh no the sickness has begun, now i know there is no other reason than a bug for my tummy upset. Soon to bed for me. Thanks guys for your support it nice to know people are here when you need them.

:shrug:
nikki

Cinquefoil
07-01-10, 04:11
I know of 2 dedicated forums for emetophobia

at www.emetophobia.org
and http://gutreaction.myfreeforum.org

I know of them because I am 'emet' myself. Nikki I hope you are better when you read this; I can't imagine how terrifying this must be for you. But do pop by the forums, both are very friendly supportive places. The first one is busier, more posts, visits etc.

BabyRachel
07-01-10, 06:11
Firstly, thanks Cinquefoil, im emetophobic too id love to have a look at those forums!

Also Nikki, I have a phobia or diarrhoea and am emetophobic. I get diarrhoea often thanks to IBS and anxiety and have NEVER been sick from it. I promise, you will NOT be sick from diarrhoea. xx