PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy worries

T-Bex
05-01-10, 18:10
Hey all. I've suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for the last 2-3 years+ I generally worry about almost anything and once I get started I find it hard to put things out of my mind!
On New Years Eve I discovered that I was pregnant, this should be an exciting time for me, but I'm so worried about everything that's to come I've got no time to be excited, my anxiety is through the roof. :weep: Although obviously I am really happy about being pregnant and I'd love to be a mother, it's just getting through the pregnancy that's worrying me.
Obviously, the first 12 weeks of pregnancy can be a touch and go time and I'm worried that something may go wrong in that time, I'm worried that I won't get to full term with the pregnancy because something bad's going to happen before then(I've almost convinced myself of this), I'm worried about how the baby will be when it's born, how healthy it's going to be and if all will be well. I know it's probably normal to worry when you find out you're going to have a baby to a certain extent, but this is getting beyond that now! I can't calm down for even five minutes a day, I feel like I'm out of body, if that makes sense, just kind of spinny and out of it at the moment, like things aren't real and now I'm worried that all of this stress and worry will cause more problems. I'm going to try from tomorrow to just take some time out to relax and try to think positive. Does anyone have any advice on things I could do to take my mind off of things and try to relax?
I was just curious, has anybody else suffered with this kind of anxiety while pregnant and made it through alright? I'd love to hear. :)
xxx

And sorry if this is in the wrong section, I couldn't decide wether to put it in the general anxiety or health anxiety, bit of both! ;)

jackie13
05-01-10, 18:35
Hi there

congratulations on your good news! I have suffered the same as you in my last 2 pregnancies, especially in the early stages. It is perfectly normal, your body is fizzing with hormones and getting ready for some changes. My anxiety gradually went after a couple of weeks.

Why don't you go and see your nurse and explain how you feel she will re-assure you. Think of all the wonderful times ahead, play your tummy and you some relaxtion tapes. Why not start making something for the baby, knitting etc, or take you some walking, good for you and the baby.

You will be FINE xx