PDA

View Full Version : hate being awake

Bowny
05-01-10, 19:36
i've now reached the point where i am sick of even being awake and having to face this struggle day in day out. ive only suffered these attacks for a month and i know they are harmless, however i still constantly think that i am going to die or have a heart attack. some reassurance pleaseeee? :(

Jem21
05-01-10, 19:51
It's natural not to want to be awake and sleep when your going through all that every day as sleep is a release. You dont say if you on meds or if you are trying anything for your anxiety or panic, i read a really good book by clare weeks its not a quick fix cure but it certainly helped me. Things will pick up.... Trouble is not a wall we must bang our heads against but a tunnel we must pass through. x

smudger
05-01-10, 19:52
Hi. I haven't spoken to you before. Im quite new to this forum. What first happen to make you worry like this?

Bowny
05-01-10, 20:49
Im new to the forum too! its as if i wake up and just instantly my mind switches onto the fact that im going to have a panic attack - which isnt good thinking i know but its just natural now. I find myself regularly checking my heart just too check if its still beating which seems stupid but i cant help myself, its asif im just waiting to die, i really try to not think about it, ive learnt a breathing exercise to try and control the attacks, and i also find looking out the window at a light or star in the distance helps - by thinking that the light will drain the attack from my body.

Jem21
06-01-10, 01:35
breathing exercises always help, i was told to breath in for 6 and out for 8 and to just think float as just this word relaxes your body, i'm also new to this site but i hope that helps x

Anxious_gal
06-01-10, 02:48
have you been to the doctor? seen a councillor?
did you all ready have a lot of anxiety that developed into panic attacks?
maybe you may have a touch of health anxiety too.
a panic attack can't harm you n it only lasts about 20 minutes so 20 minutes out of a whole 24 hours isn't too bad you just need some tools and coping skills to learn how to deal with it.
as its a cycle, you worry and have anxiety about having a panic attack therefor ensuring you will panic.
there's a lot of help out there to be found.
but i know having a panic attack is terrifying :-( each and every time no matter how many you get. all you can do is learn how to cope with them, weather its breathing, tapping (acupressure points) positive thinking writing down how you feel.....

lajjj
06-01-10, 10:51
hey:) i think we have all been there at some point...and it dose get better every now and again i have days or weeks feeling that way but u need to keep going keep getting through the days the best you can. your mind will be dwelling on it and your prob not thinking about anything ele's its very hard to take your mind of it. i often find reading about anxiety reassures me because you realise your not alone and alot of the stuff is normal for an anxiety sufferer. good luck and u always have nmp for reassurance xxxxx

june
06-01-10, 11:53
:hugs:I wish with a passion that i could work on my own advice:ohmy:

When you wake in the morning your immediate feeling is fear - so sit up slowly and start to plan what you are going to do next - step by step get out of bed / go to bathroom / brush teeth / have wash / etc etc
ti is this distraction that will help you to start your day.

If i am having an OK day i can do this - but on a bad day it is SUCH a struggle:blush:
I have Clare Weels book 'Essential help for your nerves' on my bedside table - it is twice its normal size with 'post it' notes marking emergency pages.
Best wishes
June
:hugs: