PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling when yawning

johnbyrum
05-01-10, 22:06
Hi everyone. I searched and found only one match for my case online and it is dated 1 year before so I want to ask you:
I get a really strange feeling after yawning/stretching. It's like I feel the yawn all through my body and feel very weak for a few seconds. Also at this time my heartrate seems to change. Say, slows down or goes out of rhythm but keeps up to its rhythm some moment later. I have started having this 1 or 2 years ago. After I woke up and yawn and stretch my arms I would feel this. Seemingly my BP would rise a bit because I would feel it in my ears but would go down after seconds. At that time I had no anxiety or whatever. After many months now I feel like it after my every yawn.
I wonder if anyone else has experienced such a thing

andrea thompson
05-01-10, 22:13
hi hon..
i dont think i have had this particular symptom... but it sounds like it could be anxiety... i have so many symptoms / strange feelings.. wierd isnt it... funny you should mention blood pressure because sometimes i will be stood still and i feel like i am sinking into the ground.... i alwys think this feels like blood pressure dropping but have absolutly no idea why!!!!! do you think your strange feeling is stranger than my strange feeling...????

try not to worry but why not ask your dr to explain what these feelings are... put your mind at rest!!!!

take care

andrea x x

Katiex
05-01-10, 22:19
I get this when I stretch!! I thought it was just me. Sometimes my heart thumps really hard and slowly and I feel it in my ears and see stars for a few seconds.

Going home
05-01-10, 22:54
It sounds more like blood pressure dropping a bit for a few seconds rather than increasing, and thats probably why you feel a bit strange throughout your whole body sometimes.

Kay24, what a lovely photo, but I see from your profile that its not a photo of you...is it your daughter? she's lovely :)

GH xx

Katiex
05-01-10, 23:46
Which photo? :)

The one on my posts? This one was already on no more panic with all the others which you choose from :D I tried to upload my own photo but it wouldn't let me put it on my post picture.

Going home
06-01-10, 00:00
Oh I see! because its a real photo rather then one of the animated pics so I thought it was maybe your daughter, because I can see the pic of you on your profile and its a different one, sorry for the mix up :D

GH xx

johnbyrum
06-01-10, 20:03
kay have you had this for a long time or have felt it a few times or is it constant for you? As I remember it's been more than one year for me since it started

Katiex
07-01-10, 14:41
Its happened for the past 4 years and its every time.

MusicNotes
07-01-10, 17:39
Hey,
I have this if I yawn and stretch at the same time. Feel as though I have run upstairs or something! Get a rushing in my ears and feel weak through my body with a thumping heart for a few secs. I always put it down to over stretching and affecting the pressure or something.
xx

johnbyrum
07-01-10, 22:58
thanks for comments everyone. Seems like I should get used to it already.