PDA

View Full Version : where do i begin???

Linzbug1
05-01-10, 22:19
Hi all,

Joined nmp today :)

It all began about 2-3 months ago when i started having stomach problems. Went to the docs and they said i suffer from IBS. I have the usual bloating, belching, cramps, change in bowel movements etc which I worry about every single day even when i dont feel as bad.

Within this 2-3 months I have had a water infection, two colds which seem to keep recurring and really bad headache & neckpain which the doctor said was a blocked tube from my ear to my throat.

Everything has just seemed to happen one after the other and I feel so down about it that its ruining my daily life. I dont want to venture out of the house or even go to work anymore :weep:.

The slightest ache/pain/cramp i get i always worry about and prob exaggerate it more than necessary. I worry about most things and have a very stressful job which I cant do much about other than leave.

I decided to post my worries on here as I feel u guys are the only ones who will listen and understand!

...excuse the long babble :D. thanks for your comments in advance xx

ZoJo
05-01-10, 22:45
Hi Linzbug1,

You deserve to babble :D, getting so many knocks one after the other causes awful stress and you never quite get time to recover! You then start to notice every little ache or pain and then it escalates....(spelling??)
Anyway, welcome to NMP, you will find loads of help and advice on here!
Don't beat yourself up with feeling so down, it can and does get better. :welcome:

andrea thompson
05-01-10, 22:49
hiya hon

a few weeks ago i fealt like you do now. i have always worried about my health.. always think its something serious.. have you discussed your worries with your dr.?? i am trying to change the way i think now. so if i worry one day that the pain in my left hand is the sign of a heart attack and the next day i worry that my headache is a brain tumour i tell myself that i worried yesterday and i neednt have. it was just irrational to think that way so i am not going to worry today about something equally bizarre.... it seems to be helping!!! (i hope that made some sense).

my job is quite stressfull and like you sometimes i think if i cant cope i will have to leave but i am trying to just do one job at a time and plod on... it was my first day back today after the xmas hols and i was on sick before xmas... i was really quite scared but it wasnt too bad... i think i coped ok -- no major incidents!!!!

take care

andrea x x

ScaredCaz
05-01-10, 23:00
Hi There

I too feel the same as you have stomach probs have been diagnosed with ibs and i too live for the next pain and worry constantly i so know how you feel

Hope we both feel better soon :hugs:

Linzbug1
06-01-10, 14:47
Thankyou for your helpful replies guys!

Fingers crossed we will feel better very soon! xx