PDA

View Full Version : psychotherapy

vixstar
26-11-05, 21:34
has anyone else been through and seeing a psychotherpist? i have been seeing mone for just over a year now. this year i honestly believe has been the hardest year of my life so far. at the moment i feel so completely cut off from reality, i don't think i can put into words what i feel like. i feel like i am living in a dream constantly. today is horrible. but i have managed to get out of the house and go shopping for about a hour.

back to the psychotherapy...i was told that things would get worse before they get better. so i started the therpay last october i think...and i did begin to find the therapy made me feel better to begin with and last christmas i was positive and felt things were beginning to imporve for me. then this year things have gradually gone down hill. i had a mini crisis back in march where i thought i would kill myself and went to stay with my father for three days, i just couldnt go out but it passed almost straight away. then in july i had a huge panic attack in the cinema and my sleep began to suffer, having dreams and generally feeling shattered... that passed. recently i have hit an all time low and am crying all the time. took some time off work to rest up and went back this week. on my second day back i broke down in tears in my office. my boss took me to one side and asked what was wrong and i explained that i am going through a hard time at the mo, he was really shocked as he said that my work is great adn you would have no idea that there is anything wrong...

i guess i just wanna know the therapy is helping me? and that i am not going to be stuck in this hell forever??? i am just wanting to know if anyone else has got to the end of psychotherapy and seen the benefits?

Meg
27-11-05, 16:45
Psychotherapy is very useful when there are complex age old issues that need to be resolved in order to move on.

It is not the therapy advocated for panic alone as it tends to look behind you more than ahead for a fairly lengthy period of time and does not help look for coping tactics now but for some unless the past is resolved the future is difficult to change.

CBT Questions (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=222)
Can u treat yourself with CBT at home ?? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5406)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

vixstar
27-11-05, 16:58
before the thepary i was a nervous person but it seems to have greatly increased over the last couple of months, i used to love getting away, but i am thinking now maybe that was a way of running away from my problems and now i am facing up to them it is difficult, at the moment for me to do everything... i want to be able to get on a train and go see my friends in different places.... it seems like an age ago that i worked in edniburgh in july, that was a great weekend and now i struggle to do many things....i am too impatient i think....