PDA

View Full Version : Helicobacter ????

Desprate Dan
06-01-10, 07:11
Hello everyone, just wondered if anyone can give me any infomation on Helicobacter, about a year a go now i was feeling unwell felt sick and had terrible heartburn acid indegestion all the time..

So went to see my GP who refered me to the nurse for some bloods to be taken and the Helicobacter test came back positive, so was given antibiotics and sent on my way..

Now recently i have had a severe cold which turned into an infection in my head and nose (Sinus) and the muccus i was bringing up was green and brown in colour and smelt awful (Sorry) i know it sounds gross but thats how it was, i didnt go to the doctors as i thought it will clear up on its own..:unsure:

Now i am getting terrible heart burn and acid indegestion again, do you think the infection could of gone to my gut and set off the helicobacter??? I really dont know much about it and dont want to google it because i did once and it mentioned links to ulcers and stomache cancer which sent my health anxiety through the roof...:weep:

Please help..

Dan

happyone
06-01-10, 08:19
Hi, I had heliobactor a little while back and got the same treatment as you did. Like you, I am going to have to go back, as I suspect it may have come back.
However

Now recently i have had a severe cold which turned into an infection in my head and nose (Sinus) and the muccus i was bringing up was green and brown in colour and smelt awful (Sorry) i know it sounds gross but thats how it was, i didnt go to the doctors as i thought it will clear up on its own..:unsure: This is common too. The green/brown phlegm makes it sounds as though you had an infection which you have manged to clear without the use of anti biotics.

Now i am getting terrible heart burn and acid indegestion again, do you think the infection could of gone to my gut and set off the helicobacter??? I really dont know much about it and dont want to google it because i did once and it mentioned links to ulcers and stomache cancer which sent my health anxiety through the roof...:weep:No. I don't think it has anything to do with your cold. I think it is possible that you still have a heliobactor problem that needs anti biotics again, but that does NOT mean you have cancer.
Like many of us anx folk, you read up on this and missed the part where it said that it is found in approximately half of the worlds population.......and skipped to the bit where it said the 'C' word......am I correct?:)

Go on back to the doc and see what he/she says.

Happyone
xx

Desprate Dan
06-01-10, 09:46
Thanks Happyone you are so right, i only see the worst and frighten myself silly.... I can go months without a care then just one uncertainty can set it all off..

Thanks again if the heartburn continues i will mention it again to the doctor.

Dan

Maj
06-01-10, 15:04
Hello Dan,

I had helicobacter twice and had to get treatment twice for it. It is a very common bug so don't worry about it too much. I know loads of people who've had it. You've obviously had a bit of an infection and that's why it's been grotty. Antibiotics would probably have cleared your sinuses quicker but as long as you don't have a temperature then it'll probably clear up on it's own.
Myra:hugs: