PDA

View Full Version : pain and cramp in both legs

anx mum
06-01-10, 10:45
So sick of feeling ill :weep: about a month ago was dianogsed with bells palsey. My face dropped on one side my right eye wouldnt shut and my face was numb. That has all improved then i got pain in both my knees where i couldnt kneel hurt to get up. Then pain went 2 bk of calfs like a dull ache been there for about a month even wake up with it. My gp is saying this is anxiety. Sorry but i dont think it is. an anyone give me any advice?

ScaredCaz
06-01-10, 10:58
Hi anx mum

I get this too i have never mentioned it to the doc because i thought it was because i sit in bed at night so my legs are up all the time it is annoying i know how you feel i know it is easy for me to say because half the time i do it myself but try and take some comfort from what the doc tells you they would not let you go if they thought for a minute something serious was wrong the way you are feeling right now every muscle in your body is tense trying to deal with the danger your brain thinks you are in and it comes out in aches pains and sensations anywhere just keep telling yourself that try to relax maybe have a hot bath you will be fine :hugs:

sarah jayne
06-01-10, 17:00
My legs, knees and ankles are sore and also my wrists, and now ive got a twitch in my eye. Its weird that we keep getting the same symptoms ! Docs put me on new tablets for the pain and my swollen ankle but they dont seem to be working. My headaches a bit better today though ! My doc seems to think i have some sort of arthritis x

AndyB07
06-01-10, 18:51
Hi, I was diagnosed with anxiety in mid-summer, and my symptoms included weak, painful, and cramping calf muscles, so it certainly could be anxiety. My symptoms are only just disappearing, so it could be a long process I'm sorry to say, but please feel reassured, and good luck.

mandie
06-01-10, 19:24
hi hun

i get the knee and the calf pain. if yr anxious then yr muscles will tense up hence the pain in the calf

Years ago i went dr with knee pain and i was told it was depression!!

love mandie xx

anx mum
07-01-10, 17:35
really worried they dont look swollen or anything just have crampy pain most of the time and pain in my calfs.

Jemba
07-01-10, 19:22
Hi Anx Mum,

I get this, only in one leg - it drives me nuts and makes me worry as it make them feel weak. I also get it in my left arm and shoulder..... never ends. Best of luck

anx mum
07-01-10, 19:54
what is it hun just muscular?