PDA

View Full Version : Urethral Cancer?

boy
26-11-05, 21:59
Ok in June it was a worry of prostatitis and kidney infections that ruined my days for about 3 weeks until my mum managed to talk me out of it. I'd find it hard to get going when urinating but after my mum had talked me out of it I'd walk in and get going without thinking about it.

Now I'm worrying about urethral cancer. It doesn't hurt to urinate. I can't see blood and a urinalysis in March 2004 was clear. Anyone able to comment on this one?

Wannabeloved85
26-11-05, 22:16
boy,
I think your totally safe! if the symptoms arnt there, and even if they are i think where cancer is concerned it has to be atleast 3 symptoms? Youve already answered the one to this question, you did put...
*It doesn't hurt to urinate. I can't see blood and a urinalysis in March 2004 was clear.*
You know deep down your fine....listen to that reasuring voice!
Becci x x x

Wannabeloved85
26-11-05, 22:17
I should also add, that if the 3 symptoms are there it still may not be cancer.

Sheik N Shimmy
26-11-05, 22:42
I'm no expert on this but I suspect that you have absolutely nothing at all to worry about buddy. What on earth got this into your head mate?

E

Keep On Keepin On

boy
26-11-05, 22:50
From a feeling of calm I always find something to get back into worrying about. My mind wanders and finds someting to grab onto.

Sheik N Shimmy
26-11-05, 22:59
Is it possible that some of us enjoy worrying? ...worrying is our natural state maybe?

I used to enjoy feeling blue - it made more sense of my jazz collection.

E

Keep On Keepin On

boy
26-11-05, 23:00
Nah lol I certainly don't enjoy worrying, I just can't seem to help it. My cousellor said I was making progress too, damn.

Quirky
26-11-05, 23:13
Hi Boy,
I don't think it's likely you have cancer but you do seem to have health anxiety. I have it too, if I get a genuine symptom I worry about it until I'm reassured or it goes away. In your case one new worry seems to quickly replace another, this is normal too. I've just looked at some of your old posts and since October you've been worried about cancer in several different ways/areas. It would be incredibly unlikely you have cancer in one area let alone several. When I used to worry about lots of things I used to just tell myself I couldn't have all these things wrong with me at once.
What helps me is CBT. Are you having that?
If you have a genuine symptom then by all means get a doctor to check you out but try not to keep looking for things, it really doesn't help. I know I've been there.
Take care,
LJ

boy
26-11-05, 23:15
Thanx, I will try to get out of this way of thinking. What's CBT?

Quirky
26-11-05, 23:20
Hi Boy,
CBT is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. There is alot of good information on the No More Panic homepage on this.
Have a look
www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=therapy
basically CBT helps you change negative thought patterns into positive ones. It takes alot of effort but really does work. The downside is there is usually a long NHS waiting list (6 - 24 months depending where you live). I had it privately in the end.
LJ

Sheik N Shimmy
26-11-05, 23:21
CBT stands for Cigarretes, Beer and Takeaway

(only kidding - Cognitive Behaviour Therapy methinks)

Keep On Keepin On

Quirky
26-11-05, 23:23
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">CBT stands for Cigarretes, Beer and Takeaway
<div align="right">Originally posted by Sheik N Shimmy - 26 November 2005 : 23:21:51</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Lol :)

boy
26-11-05, 23:28
Oh - I was hoping my counsellor would be enough. Damn.

Quirky
26-11-05, 23:30
Counselling and CBT are quite different. Might be worth asking your counsellor if she's familiar with CBT though. You never know she may do both. With CBT you don't talk about your past or problems as such, you work on changing negative thought processes. I really didn't used to think it could help but it has helped me alot.

Lisa

boy
26-11-05, 23:31
Ah I think I'll do that then.

Quirky
26-11-05, 23:34
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Ah I think I'll do that then.

<div align="right">Originally posted by boy - 26 November 2005 : 23:31:47</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Ok good luck with it, and try not to worry, although I do understand how hard it is.

Take care.

Lisa

boy
26-11-05, 23:42
Thanx :)

hypochondiamaximus
27-11-05, 08:26
boy, how old are you? (haha sorry that sounds rather condescending and whatnot, but it's your choice of a username that makes it that way). if you're under....25, your chances of getting urethral cancer are so remarkably small. reading the percentages and statistics from the national cancer institute really helped me realize what an impossibly small chance i had of contracting various forms of cancer at my age, and hopefully it can do the same for you. here's the link (adobe acrobate file) to the stats in case you or anyone else needs some reassurance! http://www.cancer.org/downloads/STT/CAFF_finalPWSecured.pdf

boy
27-11-05, 14:36
AH cheers :D I'm 18. :)