PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestions

lamentinglaura
06-01-10, 12:48
I have a CT scan of my lungs booked for Monday. I'm positive that I have lung cancer and it's nearly driving me out of my mind. I actually had to call into work and tell them I wouldn't be there until further notice because of health problems. I just can't seem to function at all anymore. Anyway, it's been a nightmare having to wait for this scan to be done. I'm terrified of what the results will be and yet I'm wanting to get it over with. I just found out that the hospital workers will be going on strike on Monday so I probably won't be able to get the test done. God only knows how long I'll have to wait now. I don't think I'll be able to cope. I'm already popping benzos like they're candy just trying to keep from going out of my mind. Is there a way I can somehow get this scan done earlier? If I call my doctor she'll tell me I'll just have to wait. If I go to the hospital and tell them I have bad chest pain and localized wheezing they'll just do a chest x-ray. That was done in October and I was told it was clear but I know that some tumors can only be seen by a CT scan. What can I do?

gypsywomen
06-01-10, 13:01
i dont think they will alter your ,appointment as they will have booked other people in to worrying you have cancer will make your anxiety bad , you might have been better going to work at least your mind would have been ocupied ,, hope verything goes ok for you ,,

lamentinglaura
06-01-10, 13:07
Thanks gypseywomen. My appointment was booked quite awhile ago and I was told that when they go on strike the testing departments will be shut down until everything is settled and I'll have to be rescheduled. I hope you're right though.

Going home
06-01-10, 14:53
Hi there, sorry you're freaking out about this, its understandable, but is it ok for me to ask if the cat scan was booked because your doctor wanted you to have it or because you asked for it yourself, and what your symptoms are and how long youve had them?

Gh xx

lamentinglaura
07-01-10, 10:59
I've been having lung related symptoms for what seems like forever. I have a really uncomfortable feeling in my right lung on the inside area of my breast (it's definitely the lung, not the breast), I also have a constant wheeze in that same spot which just won't go away. We've tried inhalers and anti-biotics ... zip. Nothing works. Last winter I had a chest x-ray and CT scan and bother were clear. This past October I had another x-ray done and was told it was clear so I asked for a CT scan because I started having arm problems on that side too. My physiotherapist told me she thought they were neural related so I started obsessing that I have lung cancer and it spread to nerves that control the arm. I went back to the doctor before Christmas complaining about my right lung again so she suggested I get a scan. I told her that I had already asked her for one and was booked for January 11th. Now I'm seriously freaked out. My husband gets angry with me because he says that I just had an x-ray 2 months ago and was told it was fine but I know that x-rays don't always show up tumors that are in the upper chest area. Even my doctor agreed with me on that one. I don't know how I'm going to cope until Monday. I wouldn't be so worked up if I didn't have all this discomfort in my lung and arm but then again if I had no symptoms I wouldn't be asking for tests and the HA wouldn't be there. Sheeesh I'm in a bad way.