PDA

View Full Version : venlofaxine weight gain

joyce55
06-01-10, 17:44
hi just wondering if anybody has experienced weight gain or weight loss while taking this drug venlofaxine an anti deppressant thanks

KK77
06-01-10, 17:53
Hello Joyce

If you check out the Medication Forum you'll find lots of threads/posts on venlafaxine and side effects.

Perhaps admin will move your post but check out the meds subforum anyway.

Welcome to NMP

erin31
06-01-10, 19:23
Hi. I gained weight while on this and some other nasty drugs but I have since managed to lose all the weight I put on while still taking venlafaxine.

KARMA007
21-03-10, 10:47
I WANTED TO COME OFF BECAUSE THIS DRUG HAD MADE MY BODY CHANGE FROM A SLIM UK SIZE 6 TO A SWOLLEN FAT POT BELLIED DISGUSTING PIG. Ive always been a good eater, yet with the same amount going into my mouth, every month I was piling on the weight until my knees dissappeared into my big fat legs and my stomach rolls over the front and sides like I just had a baby yesterday.
My panic attacks led me to the emergency room at least every weekend but I would rather that than look down at this disgusting body that has swelled up because of the drug.
SO ANY SUCCESS STORIES OUT THERE PLEASE? DID YOU LOSE THE WEIGHT AND IF SO HOW QUICKLY?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif

tommy1982
11-07-10, 15:40
Karma you should edit your post a little :(

I've put on 2 stone, but my anxiety is gone, working on dropping the weight now. I kinda find the effexor doesnt like a change in my diet.

jothenurse
15-07-10, 22:51
They just put me on effexor 37.5 mg today. A small dose, which they will probably increase after awhile. I have a med phobia, so of course am very scared about this. I have a panic disorder and have lost more than 20 pounds, so I'm hoping this will help with my anxiety and help me gain some weight. I also have to take a little Ativan .25mg twice a day to calm me from my fear of the effexor. Any body have any help?

Dahlia
15-07-10, 23:26
Jo - I didn't feel too bad when I started Effexor. A bit dizzy and tired at times, and I had a bad stomach (I often have a bad stomach on meds though). It kicked in within about 3 weeks at 75mg. I put on about 14 pounds.

Dahlia

jothenurse
16-07-10, 01:14
Yeah, they want me to gain weight, but they put me on a drug that can cause stomach upset - unless that goes away. I am on a small dose to start out.

Kilsally
06-09-10, 00:42
Yes have been on venlafaxeine (changed from capsules to venlalic tabs couple months back) for 9 months and weight has gone up from 9 stone to 11 stone - although also stopped work at time started taking meds so less active but seeing as my weight has been constant for years I still think it is the meds.

Pendragon
28-09-10, 21:14
I've been on these for about 2 months now and, in the last week, have noticed that I am developing man boobs. I don't know if I'm putting on weight as we don't have a set of scales because I have never had to worry about it before. I have always been a 7 stone stick but now I am worried, especially as I've just had my dose doubled to 150mg :weep: