PDA

View Full Version : Forums

lizzie29
06-01-10, 17:52
Hi

I've noticed that the forums are accessible to everyone, without having to log in. By accessible, I mean that people can read them, I realise they can't post messages. I personally feel a bit uncomfortable now I know this - anyone could come on here and read what I've written (although I appreciate that they'd only need to create a login to do so anyway). Is there a reason why this is so? Is it something to do with people being able to access the advice via google searches, etc?

Hope this doesn't sound rude or anything, I'm just curious! :)

diane07
06-01-10, 18:34
Yes hun,

Nic has always stated that it is an open forum and is accessible for anyone to read, that is why we ask you do not put up your email address.

As long as you use a username that no-one will know you it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Di xx

lizzie29
06-01-10, 19:28
Thanks for your reply. x

nomorepanic
06-01-10, 19:28
Hi Kenny

Di is correct in that I decided to make it an open forum so people can come and read the posts without having to register. There is nothing more frustrating that finding a forum but having to register first before you can see if you like the look of it.

Also it is to allow search engines to find us yes.

As long as you don't identify yourself with your real name people should not be able to find you on here.

Ronny
06-01-10, 21:14
Hi, I recieved an e-mail from no more panic that someone had tried to get into my profile,and was locked out for fifteen minutes,I think that was great that they notifed me,I did start to panic a bit,though I should not have as I trust this site.If some one is interested in me that much(5 times they tried to hack) Bravo! someone likes me ! Thanks all the team at No More Panic.:)

nomorepanic
06-01-10, 21:17
Hi Ronny

Thanks for letting me know - if you still have the email can you send it to me please as it should contain an IP address that tried to get in your account and I can check it out thanks

Send to nomorepanic@btinternet.com

Cheers