PDA

View Full Version : Black eyes?

Sheik N Shimmy
26-11-05, 22:49
Anybody ever have black eyes from worry? I've had dark rings around my eyes for several weeks. Not as bad as initially but they are still dark despite more sleep. Or is it cancer invading the eye sockets!?!?!?!?

E

Keep On Keepin On

jill
26-11-05, 23:32
Hi Sheik,

This is something I have never thought about, My daughter suffered PA's, anxiety from the age of 3, she is now 12 and doing very well[^]
Over the years her eye's had dark rings round them from time to time, somtime's lasting for weeks, but then it would go, then come back again.

Your thread reminded me of this, in the first 3 years of her disorder she had many many test and they all came back negative. Then I was told she was suffering with this disorder. I put her dark eye's down to the many symptoms that she was suffering with.

Now she is better, well allmost there, just a few little bits [^] I can't remember the last time I seen the dark rings around her eye's.

It is strange Sheik, your thread has brough back a memory from my childhood [^]
I to can remember my mum taking me to the GP when I was very young becasue I had dark rings around my eye's, having test and them all comeing back negative.

I came to this site suffering Pa's, and high anxiety, this site has been a great [^] I can't thank everyone enough. Although I am now panic and high anxiety free, I have found out that I have been suffering alot of anxiety symptoms all my life.

Anxiety has many many symptoms and I have had most of them:(

I don't know why this happens, sorry I'm not much help am I :(
Maybe Meg can explain.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

Sheik N Shimmy
26-11-05, 23:37
Hi Jill,

Thanks for your response.

I read that it can also be caused by an allergic reaction - allergic rhinitis or something like that.

E

Keep On Keepin On

Quirky
26-11-05, 23:42
Hi there,
I get alot of allergies and I get allergic rhinitis but I've never had black eyes with it - not that that means it's not possible. Maybe you're not getting good quality sleep or it's due to the anxiety. It's unlikely to be cancer but maybe Meg can reassure you on that.

Lisa

nell1965
27-11-05, 13:54
Hi
There is a symptom which goes along with allergic rhinitis called allergy shiners which are dark circles under your eyes, if this helps
take care

I just want my life back
nell
x

Meg
27-11-05, 15:28
Dehydration is the most common cause aftre sleep deprivation and also a need for extra vitamin B and C and sometimes a bit of iron deficicency .

Hopefully you' re on B+C already if you're following our basic acute anxiety advice.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

hypochondiamaximus
28-11-05, 00:24
in a word, NO. there is an absolute 0 percent chance that this is cancer!! if you are able to step back from your fears and think about how absurd they actually are, you'll be invincible! I'm slowly learning to do that myself, and it's worked wonders so far. btw, i've got pretty much permanent black eyes because i don't get enough sleep, so that's probably the cause of your problem as well!

hunny
28-11-05, 08:08
Hi there

I have had black eyes almost permanantly for a while now
Im presuming its lack of sleep,not enough veg and getting too stressed out
You really dont have cancer(but i think you knew that already)
Hope you feel reassured
Hugs
Hunny xx

kate
28-11-05, 08:23
My kids are always telling me I got black rings and bags under my eyes! [:O]

Kate